Thursday, November 1, 2012

RAMBLINGS: It's almost the end of school!

I have been working on blog entries everyday because in less than a month's time, I will be taking the very last examinations of my academic career! It thrills me to the bone just thinking that I won't have to deal with frantic last-minute cramming, brainless memory work and Arctic-cold examination halls. And I also won't be dealing with higher Math anymore because, while I really loved Math before the age of 19 and it came so easily to me, higher Math is just beyond me.

I could have morphed into a lazy sloth or just succumbed to resignation after realizing that university Math examinations can't be studied (It really is a game of luck. You either have it or you don't. And diligence does not equal to good grades.) but whatever. This chapter of my life is about to close and I can't wait to open/ write new ones.
-

I had a really lovely time hanging out with Juliet after an event. I met her about a year and a half ago at a Vichy event. After connecting with her on Facebook and attending more events together, she's one really close bud now! I'm so happy and glad that she's in my life and that we are both in good places now, with really stellar leading men in our lives. :DDD

Really can't wait for school to be out so that we can have double dates! And I will get you hooked onto 'Friends', I swear!
-

And oh yes, sometime last week, Fel sent me a link to Dr. Richard Tan's testimony (Read it here.). I have been wanting to attend Church for the longest time but I was just being a lazy bum, sitting around and waiting for a sign. And as I read the testimony (Really quickly because I was about to cry.), I knew this was the sign I had been waiting for (Thank you so much for sending me that link, Fel!). So last Sunday, Fel, M (Yes, M too!) and I headed to Church.

It started out quite 'disastrous' actually. All of us reached the station around 11.20am but the bus took FOREVER to come. And sheesh, Singapore is just too darn hot for anyone and anything to walk without a shelter. Subsequently, we realized that the shortcut to the Church was closed and so we had to go the long way under the hot blazing sun. But things were alright once we reached the House of God. And though I felt like a stranger initially, I settled in pretty quickly and comfortably. I thought it might be a little too hypocritical to raise my hands during worship after such a long hiatus but it just felt so right at that point of time and I did it without realizing.
-

Today, I realized that M has been agreeing to all my spontaneous outings of movie marathons and feasting sessions even though he really needed the time to work on his FYP. It really didn't occur to me at all. I mean, I just thought that if he didn't have the time, he would tell me and we could both stay at home and do all those stuff later. But nope, he pandered to all my whims and fancies and then, worked on his FYP till like 5 in the morning.

And despite going to bed only at 5am, he woke up in time to travel all the way from one end of Singapore to the other, just so that he could attend Church with me. I'm really touched. Thanks, my dear chili (Inside joke!). (: While I really would like him to attend Church with me, the location of my current Church really isn't ideal for him. I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I'll sleep on it. Things will certainly work out, somehow.

And you have no idea how relieved I was when M told me that even though he's certain that he won't be a Christian, he doesn't mind attending Church with me. And he really likes the worship songs!

I'm no staunch Christian myself, but these are baby steps for us. And maybe I'll never be staunch and M will never be a Christian, but I want us both to sit in sermons every Sunday and just listen. God will work in His mysterious ways.
-

This entry has been pretty choppy. I'm feeling a tad light-headed from writing too much. But on the way back today, I just felt really thankful for everything that I have in my life right now, save for the stupid sore throat! And even though, I may have jinxed it by 'saying this out loud', I don't care. This is how thankful I feel today and someday, I want to 'live through' this thankfulness again by reading this entry and be thankful all over again. (:

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. hey charlene,
    just wanted to write a little encouragement for you! :) i think the baby steps you are making are because god is drawing you back to him, even how worship feels so natural to raise your hands, its because in you he has put a heart for Him :)

    "I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart"- Jeremiah 24:7

    as you go to church each sunday, I pray that you and your boyfriend may realise the joy and peace that comes from being with god in his house. here's psalm 27: "One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in his temple."

    Do write about your journey still, would love to read about it. Sprinkles of blessings!

    Desiree

    ReplyDelete

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig