Wednesday, February 13, 2013

ATM: Foundation Routine

Since last December, I have stuck to the same foundation routine, hardly switching to other brands in-between. And it didn't occur to me that I have been so loyal until I hit pan. And this hitting-pan business, if you can bring yourself to believe it, is the first time in 3+ years that it happened! I finish skincare products but never, ever makeup. So yay! As a beauty blogger, I'm incredibly pleased with myself. :D

Anyway, the above two make up my foundation routine and I don't see myself straying from them until I have finished every last drop and every last bit of powder (Even Laura Mercier can't tempt me, no!). This routine doesn't give me a perfectly flawless complexion (The only one that did involves a discontinued Rimmel Londom foundation. ):) but I believe it gives me the healthiest, ingredients-wise. I have mentioned them before but have yet to do proper reviews... So here you go! :D

Of the 3 popular French brands that are available in Singapore, I think La Roche Posay works best for me. And that is why I got the UVIDEA XL Melt-In BB Cream SPF50 PA+++ in 02. Made in France, this B.B. cream comes in a 30ml slim tube and once opened, it lasts for 12 months. It prevents hyperpigmentation and aging induced by UV rays and is free from fragrances and parabens.

The B.B. cream comes out as a true beige and doesn't oxidise on me. It is lightweight, goes on semi-dewy and sits comfortably on my skin for a good 5 hours. It actually feels more like a tinted moisturizer than a B.B.cream. Coverage is on the light side, so when blasted zits occur, I will reach out for my Eucerin's DermoPURIFYER Cover Stick. Without finishing powders, I oil up pretty quickly but I tackle this by dabbing away with a piece of tissue paper.

This used to be my everyday foundation but ever since I found VMV Hypoallergenics' Illuminants Brilliant Finish (SPF) 25 Powder Foundation, this has been relegated to 'optional'. I only apply this beneath VMV Hypoallergenics' Illuminants Brilliant Finish (SPF) 25 Powder Foundation when I want a very flawless canvas for a face.

LOOK!!! I HIT PAN! * hyperventilates* This unnecessary excitment is a confirmation that I'm a true beauty junkie. Heh.

Anyway, the 12g VMV Hypoallergenics' Illuminants Brilliant Finish (SPF) 25 Powder Foundation is a 'brightening, protective powder-foundation for all skin types'. It provides a physical barrier of protection against skin-darkening light with its high SPF 25. At the same time, it covers up imperfections, goes on smooth and light and is pore-friendly. It can be applied dry for a silky-sheer powder finish or wet for a rich, creamy texture with a full coverage. It is non-comedogenic and free from fragrances, parabens and preservatives.

VMV Hypoallergenics' Illuminants Brilliant Finish (SPF) 25 Powder Foundation comes in just 6 shades. I usually go for pink-based foundations but because Light Truffle was too dark for me, I bought yellow-based Macadamia instead. The shade fits me better than I though it would. Unlike other yellow-based foundations, it doesn't make me look sick. The powder goes on smoothly and gives me a naturally flawless complexion. Coverage is on the light to medium side, when it is used dry. It hides redness perfectly, though I do need my Eucerin's DermoPURIFYER Cover Stick for zits.

Powder foundations usually draw tons of attention to the little bumps on my face but this surprisingly doesn't! Not that they don't peek through. They still do (And always will. ): ), but they aren't the centre of attention. And even though it does emphasize dry areas a little, it helps treat them. They won't go away completely but at the end of the day, I notice that they are less flaky. (: Also, I like that I don't oil up as quickly, the foundation doesn't cake and it comes with SPF so I don't need to pack layers onto my skin.

Here's how the duo looks like on me. (:

Face// La Roche Posay's UVIDEA XL Melt-In BB Cream SPF50 PA+++ in 02 and VMV Hypoallergenics' Illuminants Brilliant Finish (SPF) 25 Powder Foundation in Macadamia
Eyes// Maybelline New York's Eyestudio Hypersharp Liner
Cheeks// Korres's Zea Mays Powder Blush in #18 Peach
Lips// Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Rosé

I hope this has been helpful. Do leave a comment or drop me an email if you have any queries. Thanks for reading! :D

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig