Sunday, September 22, 2013

REVIEW: FreshKon's Alluring Eyes (1-Day)

FreshKon's Alluring Eyes is no stranger to me. I tried the monthly version two years back and even though I love how it made my eyes look like stars were thrown into them, it was a pretty uncomfortable experience (Read the review here.). Think: Constant blinking throughout the day and an aching head.

BUT fast forward 2 years, FreshKon came up with a daily version and I got a chance to try it out (Courtesy of the ladies at CozyCot! Thank you (: ). The daily ones come in just 3 shades; Winsome Brown, Mystical Black and Magnetic Grey and seem to have more features to make the whole experience a lot more comfy.

Natural Look

  • Natural shades.
  • Defined outline for alluring bigger, brighter eyes effect.

Superior Comfort

  • Hydrophilic (water loving) surface for comfortable wear.
  • 58% water content for optional comfort.
  • Hyaluronic Acid (HA) for optimum ocular lubrication and hydration, thus enhanced comfort and clarity.
  • Easy to fit, no curling lens problem.

Excellent Vision

  • Large optical zone for clear vision.
  • Wide power range from -0.00D to -10.00D.

Health Benefits

  • Daily disposable - A fresh new pair every day.
  • UV inhibitor - Blocks 80% of UVA and 96% of UVB.

The lenses have a water content of 58%, a diameter of 14.2mm and a base curve of 8.5mm. The above's Mystical Black.

My first trial with the lenses lasted for more than 8 hours. I did a photoshoot and attended 2 gym classes and to my surprise, I experienced none of the discomfort I felt before! I mean, I kept waiting for something to happen but it didn't and eventually, I even forgot I had them on! They were THAT comfortable and my eyes didn't feel the least bit dry.

The second time I tried them, I had them on for close to 11 hours. My eyes were a tad tired towards the end but again, I encountered no dryness, there was no constant blinking and my head certainly did not ache. Wearing and taking them off (Use your ring finger and push the lenses downwards!) were also really easy-peasy!

Appearance-wise, I love how Mystical Black made my eyes a real solid black, like a doll's. It really enhances your eyes in photos, especially polaroids. Is it just me or does everyone else's eyes just disappear in them?!? Haha. Outside of photos, it can make your eyes a little soulless and if this isn't your cup of tea, you can opt for the gentler Winsome Brown. For me, I would really love to try Magnetic Grey next. Just because Dad said it would be nice (When a guy, especially your DAD, comments about something beauty-related, listen up!).

I hope this entry has been helpful! Off to get some work done now but please do leave a comment if you have any queries and I'll get back to you ASAP! :D

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig