Saturday, July 31, 2010

SPOTTED: Revlon's PhotoReady Makeup

Just a quick post before I crash.
Many of us are aware that Revlon's PhotoReady Makeup ($29.90) is now available at Watsons. I'm not big on foundations but I decided to check them out anyway (Just because it's makeup and it's NEW!!!)! Heh.
The foundation contains photochromatic pigments which reflect light so that every flaw is hidden from the naked eye. Hence, you get a baby-smooth complexion, sans pores! It is oil free, fragrance free and SPF 20.
The shades that are available in Singapore are Nude, Medium Beige, Cool Beige, Golden Beige and Caramel.

But ummm...







... It's far too shimmery for me!!! The above is in Nude, but I doubt you can see the colour of it at all. I'm so sorry but I only had my mobile with me! ): Nude's a little lighter than my colour but Medium Beige was too dark for my liking. It also seemed a little too pinkish.

I'll probably check them out again, during tomorrow's lunch break, with my friend. But I doubt that I'll be getting it!
-

EDIT// There are many raves about this foundation and I don't quite get the hype because it's so glittery to me. So I decided to google it. Here are some links which I came across and thought I share them on my blog:

MakeupAlley rates it 3.4/ 5.

LOVES IT
Dirt on the Rocks tries it out on oily skin!
Product Girl doesn't really experience the glitters; She buffs it onto the skin with a Sephora #55.

HATES IT
The Muse hates it; She thinks that it's very drying. :\
Pink Smith has more dislikes than likes on her list! It sits into lines and pores and emphasizes dry areas.
Makeup Geek has swatches of some shades! (:
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. HAH! I thought I was the only one who thought I was going crazy, swatching glittery foundation :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I didn't know its glittery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at the glitters man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh... The links aren't appearing! I'll put it in the post! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig