Thursday, February 20, 2014

MAIL: styleXstyle's The Little Black Beauty Box

I don't know about you, but I'm definitely not feeling the subscription box scene in Singapore. More often than not (Actually, it's a case of 'always'.), I get a pretty box of miserable samples from brands that I don't really care for. I mean, if I'm paying only a few bucks for it, that's fine. But it's like almost $20? :\

If I really have to pick the most decent subscription box, I would say styleXstyle's Little Black Beauty Box. It isn't stellar, but occasionally you get really good brands. Like this month's box, which I paid $21.90 for.

Sulwhasoo's EvenFair Perfecting Cushion
THIS brand is actually the reason why I ordered the box in the first place. Much of December and January was spent soaking in the goodness of the First Care Activating Serum and the Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream. And my skin loves it so, so, SO much. And you know, ginseng. It gets me like no one else can. My childhood lollipops were ginseng slices, courtesy of my doting Grandmother. But anyway, I can't wait to try the cushion. It got a really high rating by dear Juliet (Read her review here!).

Nuxe Paris' Anti-fatigue Moisturizing Cream
ZT has been using Nuxe products and she thinks they are pretty good. And I do have many of their samples but haven't really tried them yet. I mean, I don't really hear much of the brand in Singapore but perhaps, it would be a good time to try now. My skin has got incredibly dry from all the late nights. :\

Shiseido's Lip Lacquer Gloss in RS306
Yay! I really love Shiseido's lip products. My favourite red lipstick, after trying out a whole bunch, is from said brand. I can't wait to try this out, especially when I start work proper next week (Psst! Wish me luck please! Heh.).

Shiseido's Refining Makeup Primer
Primers... Meh. I really think that less is more so I hardly ever use primers. Will probably pass this on to someone else.

Benefit's Ultra Plush Lip Gloss in Lollibop
Last but not least, a full-sized Benefit lip gloss! I love the brand so seeing this was like 'YES! WHEE!!! LET'S PARTAYYY!'. Haha. But yes, this made the box really worth it.

This is actually my 2nd Little Black Beauty Box. My first one was pretty disappointing, especially when the previous month had a full-sized NARS product. But I guess, much like everything, it's really difficult to be 'perfect' all the time? Anyway, to wrap up this entry, I have to say that styleXstyle's customer service is really fast and efficient. A confirmation call was made on the same day that I ordered the box and I got it within the time frame I stated the next day. Pretty good, aye?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig