Sunday, April 26, 2015

SEWING: Simple Summer Clothes 「夏のかんたん服 」

Last December, I decided to pick up sewing. It was something that I had always wanted to do, but was afraid that I didn't have the flair for it and would waste a whole lot of money. BUT given that I was already 'wasting' a whole lot of money on clothes and skincare products, I might as well divert my expenditure to a skill... RIGHT? Haha.

Anyway, the first sewing book I bought was 「夏のかんたん服 」, which means Simple Summer Clothes. This was recommended by dear Enid. Though the book is completely in Japanese, it's relatively easy to follow once you have had some help interpreting the diagrams and some terms. Enid taught me, but you can also refer to this online tutorial here or purchase this very helpful e-book, How to Sew Japanese Sewing Patterns.

-


No. 11 ノーカラーのブラウス

The clothes in this book are simple, comfy and feminine. I tried making the checkered blouse featured on the front of the book and it took like... 12 hours. HAHA. It was my first time working the sewing machine, so I had to keep ripping seams out because of really bad sewing. :\ The most challenging part was sewing round the curves, especially when it came to attaching the bias tape on the neckline. Still, it was really fun!

I have since bought several other Japanese sewing books, both in Japanese and English. Will be penning down more reviews in future! ^^

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig