Tuesday, December 6, 2016

REVIEW: Essano's Rosehip BlackBox Set

Essano is a New Zealand brand that takes pride in providing natural and effective haircare and skincare at affordable price points. Certified organic by Ecocert, this brand made its way to our island recently and has teamed up with BlackBox to come up with an exclusive kit. This kit contains

  • Rosehip Gentle Facial Cleansing Micellar Water 100ml for $8.95
    This Micellar Water is infused with soothing Aloe Vera and Rosehip Oil to clean skin effectively and gently. It works by having tiny, diligent molecules, known as Micelles, attract makeup, oil and dirt. They lift them off our skin and dissolve them as we swipe cotton pads, soaked in this magic water, across our face.
  • Rosehip Mist Toner 120ml for $22.95
    This toner contains the goodness of Kakadu Plum, which is a fruit that's chock-full of Vitamin C. It also contains Aloe Vera, Green Tea and Witch Hazel to balance our skin's pH level naturally and fight against wrinkles.
  • Rosehip Oil 20ml for $29.95
    Rosehip Oil contains vitamins and fatty acids and has been clinically proven to improve the appearance of scars, fine lines, stretch marks and sun damage. This oil, in particular, is enriched with Acai Berry Oil for further prevention against ageing.

Ever since I got back from Korea, my skin has become even more sensitive than it usually is. As a result, I have become quite wary of the things I apply on my face. I want things simple and if possible, natural, so this kit is a real godsend. I have been using the products for close to a week and here are my thoughts thus far. ◡̈

The Rosehip Gentle Facial Cleansing Micellar Water is probably my favourite product of the lot. It feels so light and removes my sunscreen, powder foundation and eyeliner easily, without making my skin feel tight or dry. For mascara, it takes a little while longer but I don't need to rub my lashes aggressively or anything like that. After cleansing, I follow it up with the Rosehip Mist Toner, but really, I spray this on whenever my skin feels thirsty or needs an extra boost. Heh. The mist that comes out is really fine so it doesn't disturb my makeup. I let it sink into my skin for a minute or two and then, gently pat dry.

At night, I mix a couple of drops of the Rosehip Oil with my moisturiser and apply it all over my face and neck. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and I wake up to adequately moisturised skin. This oil also works great on random dry body patches that recent late nights have given me.

BlackBox's Essano Rosehip Set is priced at $39.90 for 20 sets. Thereafter, it will be $55.90. Key in the code BBXCHARLENELEE10 to get 10% off any box that's above $17. ◡̈

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig