Friday, March 19, 2010

REVIEW: Too Faced Smoky Eye Palette



I had been lusting after this palette after  I came across the Muse's review on it. But Mum got me Benefit's Smokin' Eyes so I wasn't really all that ready to shell out a hefty $63 for it. However, with my recent (sinful) purchases, I got myself a $40 Sephora Voucher so this came into my mind immediately (along with a whole lot of other things. Heh.).



This palette comes with 6 shades of eyeshadow to create 3 different looks; Day Smoke, Fashion Smoke and Classic Smoke. It also comes with 3 pretty black slips which provide you with no-brainer instructions to create each look.



I have been using Urban Decay's Ammo Palette for a long while now, so when I first swatched this palette, I
was a little taken aback by its lack of 'glamour' (Think: Glamour = Glitters. Haha.). I was rather disappointed but having blown $63, I decided to give it a go anyway (Obviously! Or Mum would kill me if she found out.) and boy! Do I love it!!!



The eyeshadow shades are very silky and well-pigmented (Though I do think that Urban Decay's ones are MORE pigmented and still the best. Well, only if you like glitter...) and blend fantastically! I have on Day Smoke now and the more I look at my eyes *eyes turn all anime-like suddenly and blinks furiously*, the more I like the look!

I applied a little of Classic Smoke's 3rd colour so as to 'deepen' my crease (Since it's all Asian and pretty much non-existent.) and paired it with

Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Bourbon
Majorlica Majorca's Lash Bone
Majorlica Majorca's Lash Gorgeous Wing (which I so need to do a review on because it's the best!).

I like the fact that the shades don't contain in-your-face glitter (Like Urban Decay's. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Urban Decay's eyeshadow shades. But this is really good, for a change!). Portability wise, this is definitely good for travel. It's light and the shades are rather neutral (Not crazy funky ones! I think bright shades are fine and can be real pretty if you choose the right colours. But I am not that adventurous with make-up YET. Haha. I will be, eventually. I hope.).

I am real excited to try the other 2 looks now, as well as, experiment others by mixing-and-matching the shades. Fashion Smoke's green and blue shades are utterly gorgeous!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig