Friday, November 11, 2011

HAUL: Luxasia 2011, Watsons and M.A.C!

Headed down to the annual Luxasia sale this morn with Dor (Read about last year's sale here!). And gawd. Even though we reached at 10.10am (The sale began at 10am), the queue had already snaked from the cargo lifts all the way to the roads. There were many more men than I remembered.

The sale wasn't that awesome this time round. I didn't get a single piece of makeup *points below*. Makeup brands available were Stila, Guerlain, RMK and IPSA. The selections offered were pretty dismal. There were sets last year, but not this time round. The Guerlain table was packed to the brim. Women bared all their ugly sides. "Stop pushing!", "I'm not pushing!", yada yada. Grown-up ladies... Supposedly. Oh wells.

Other items that were available were Paris Hilton's bags and wallets and Guy Laroche's shirts and wallets.



I got fragrances for the family for Christmas! Issey Miyake's L'eau D'issey Summer 2011 is for the sister. Miyake is one of my favourite brands and this particular edition smells so full of sunshine. It's a little mismatch for the sister because she's like a 'tortured poet'. But I think she will like this. Hopefully! *crosses fingers*

I hadn't heard of John Galliano before the sale but gosh! The fragrances... Completely heavenly. The one that I got is that of a rose and this is for Mum. Very subtle, very womanly. The other one that was available was Parlez-Moi d'Amour and it has blueberry notes. Incredibly yummilicious! I was telling Dor how I would want to literally eat myself if I sprayed that on. Haha. It stood out of all the fragrances that Dor and I smelled. It's more for younger ladies though. Dor got one for herself (She had such a tough time picking a fragrance. I kept waving strips of paper in front of her face and going "Dor! This is SOOO nice!!! SNIFF SNIFF!!!".). :DDD

And gawd, I love Salvatore Ferragamo's Black! In fact, I love all of Ferragamo's fragrances for men! They smell so incredibly manly *swoons*!!! I got the big one for Dad and the small one for M, even though I was quite hesitant because I don't really want the two of them to smell alike. But Dor and I walked around and smelled till our noses were threatening to drop off and in the end, Ferragamo's fragrances were still the best. Dor got the same ones too, for her dad and Nigel. Haha. We were saying that we can't have daddy outings or double dates. Ever. (Last year, we got the same perfumes for our brothers. Ferragamo too. Though Dad's using it now though. And he loves it. YAY! I'm always so happy when Dad likes something that I bought. :DDD )

And the last one's Bvlgari's BLV II, for myself! When I first took a whiff of this, I was like "Ummm... This smells like it's for men...". Haha. It doesn't smell feminine at all but it smells very fresh, like the ocean. The more I sniffed it, the more I liked it! Heh. I'm still a little 'bothered' by the fact that it doesn't smell feminine though. I think ladies should smell like ladies... Though when I was 14, I used to spray on Dad's perfumes. Heh.

I didn't get any for the brother because he just uses Dad's ones. Got to rack my brain for his present.



Next up is my little haul from Watsons! The Hada Labo's travel set is $15.90 and I thought it would be a good 'summary' of their products. This is going into my 'instocks' drawer though, because I have got a couple of skincare products to try out first (JOY! JOY!!!).



And I finally jumped on the Naruko bandwagon. Hazel first brought my attention to the brand. But I didn't really check it out as my loo's choked with products. Anyway, the first thing that I noticed about Dor today was that she's so much fairer than the last time I saw her, which was 2 months back. She told me that she has been using Naruko's Raw Job's Tears whitening series. And she was like "I use this every night because it feels sooo good on the face.".

I got the night gelly. No more questions asked. Haha.



Last but not least, my very first M.A.C eyeshadow palette, 6 Devil May Dare Warm Eye Shadows from the Magic, Mirth & Mischief collection! Prankster, the golden-green shade, is incredibly gorgeous!!! This was bought from Michelle for $22. Thanks Michelle, for bringing it down for me today! (:

Alrighty. It's dinner time now and I think this is my last post till after my exams. Do take care and till then, xoxo!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig