Thursday, March 21, 2013

REVIEW: Olay's Regenerist Advanced Anti-Ageing Micro-Sculpting Cream

This January saw the launch of a whole new generation of Olay's most advanced anti-ageing line, the Olay Regenerist. It was reformulated with the revolutionary Skin Energizing Technology, based on the breakthrough made in Cellular Bioenergetics science. This means quicker results in the same amount of time!

The Skin Energizing Technology consists of a potent trio of Olivem, Niacinamide and Pal-KTTKS. These anti-ageing ingredients battles skin fatigue by accelerating surface layer cell turnover. Our skin's surface layers are regenerated up to two times faster, revealing skin that is smoother and brighter. Here's a little more information about the trio:

Olivem: Derivative of olive oil which helps increase penetration of anti-ageing ingredients into skin's layers.
Niacinamide: Helps maintain skin's moisture barrier and increase natural skin exfoliation rates.
Pal-KTTKS: Fragment of collagen molecule that enhances penetration into skin's surface layers.

For Olay's Regenerist Advanced Anti-Ageing Micro-Sculpting Cream, a timeline was even provided:

10 minutes: Noticeable improvement to appearance of ageing concerns like eye lines, brightness and hydration.
4 days: Intense hydration firms skin.
5 days: Regenerates surface skin up to two times faster by boosting natural surface skin renewal.
7 days: Visible reduction in wrinkle appearance.

The white opaque cream comes in a 50g, palm-sized jar. Fragrance has been added to it and it has a pretty light and pleasant scent. I do wish it came without it though. Makes me wonder what it actually smells like without the candy coating. The cream sinks into the skin very quickly, making this suitable as a day cream as well (Just 4 dots will do. One each on your two cheeks and forehead and half a dot on your nose and chin.).

When I first applied this on my face, it stung a little but I'm attributing that to late nights, which make my skin a tad more sensitive. Anyway, it went away after a few applications and I didn't get any bad reaction. (: After the first application, my skin felt plumper and more hydrated. It was a feeling that lasted throughout the day and got more obvious during the two weeks that I tested this out. I can't really say much for wrinkles because I'm still young (I hope.) but umm... It didn't do very much for my laugh lines. Then again, they are pretty deep (Especially the left one! ):).

I was hoping that this would actually 'sculpt' my face since the word is in its name but I guess my definition is kinda different. I was expecting a more defined jawline? Haha. That's a bit too much to expect from topical creams but anyway, I don't think this is the cream's function at all. BUT if you're looking for a product that will inject some life (i.e. fresh, plump and baby-like) into your skin, then yes! Olay's Regenerist Advanced Anti-Ageing Micro-Sculpting Cream is for you! (:

Olay's Regenerist Advanced Anti-Ageing Micro-Sculpting Cream is available in most leading departmental stores and pharmacies at $49.99.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig