Friday, June 20, 2014

FOTD: Daily Vanity's Beauty Challenge (Day 1)

Earlier this month, dear Juliet (Who just got hitched btw! EEKS, congrats woman!!! I LOVE YOU! <333) from Daily Vanity threw down the (beauty) gauntlet to me; to use no more than 3 makeup items in a day, for a week. You can read about the challenge here!

Most of the items I picked were either new launches or ones that I have been using for a while now, so I thought I make some notes about them and share with you. (:

For day 1, I was going to wear my huge 'nerdy' spectacles. Emphasizing my eyes might be a little too much for my not-quite-feminine face, so I decided to focus on my cheeks and lips. The 3 items that I picked were

  • Estée Lauder's Double Wear All-Day Glow B.B (Intensity 1.0)
  • Dior Addict's It-Lash Mascara (It-Black)
  • Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (Lovesick)

Estée Lauder's Double Wear All-Day Glow B.B (Intensity 1.0)
What it is: This lightweight and oil-free B.B. cream evens out your skin tone and brightens up your complexion for a flawless and healthy glow. It comes with SPF 30 and is infused with Vitamins C and E for anti-oxidant protection. Coverage is sheer with a luminous finish that lasts for up to 8 hours.

What I think: The B.B. cream goes on smoothly and sits very comfortably. Though coverage is light, it cancels out all redness. It seems to also blur out small imperfections, so that complexion looks very clear. I won't exactly say that my skin glows, but I do appear healthier. However, I find that it latches onto dry bits, so take care to moisturize your skin properly first before applying this.

Dior Addict's It-Lash Mascara (It-Black)
What it is: Made for women who want it all, this mascara gives both volume and length in one swipe. The flexible brush coats the full length of lashes and its spiked tips catches even the tiniest lashes, creating the much coveted doe-eyed look. The mascara's formula contains waxes that thicken with a clear gel base for the most radiant black.

What I think: This mascara has some really wild claims and sadly, that is what they are; wild. The brush's spikes reach and coat each lash, but I see neither length nor volume (Definitely no volume.). Basically, it is just a pretty normal mascara. I think my Covergirl ones work better actually. I remember the Dior lady saying that this mascara helps to curl lashes as well but ummm, nope. This just doesn't work for me. :\

Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (Lovesick)
What it is: It's a moisturizing lip stain-and-balm housed in a chubby crayon. One swipe and your lips become softer and smoother, and washed in a perfect flush of colour that lasts for hours.

What I think: I LOVE THIS! I don't think it's all that hydrating but it provides enough moisture for it to double up as a cream blusher. The colour payoff is amazing and I really like how Lovesick complements my skin tone. The stain lasts for several hours and fades off pretty evenly. Also, the cute crayon packaging makes it so convenient.

swatches of Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain and Estée Lauder's Double Wear All-Day Glow B.B.

Face
Estée Lauder's Double Wear All-Day Glow B.B in Intensity 1.0

Eyes
Dior Addict's It-Lash Mascara in It-Black

Cheeks
Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick

Lips
Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Lovesick

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig