Friday, June 27, 2014

REVIEW: Black Paint

Black Paint was established in Kyoto, Japan 15 years ago by Miyuki Maeda. Her daughter was diagnosed with a serious kidney disease, that was deemed 'incurable'. Unwilling to give in to fate, Miyuki studied modern physiology, bacteriology and traditional natural healing systems around the world in search for remedies. She learnt that not all bacteria are bad; there are good ones that help digest nutrients and protect us from diseases. Instead of killing them, we should nourish them. With this knowledge, Miyuki developed a line of organic skincare that enhances, and not fight, our body's own renewal and self-protection processes.

There are 4 important points to note when we deal with troubled skin:

  • Clean our pores so as to minimize damage done.
  • Drink lots of water.
  • Keep moisturized.
  • Prevent moisture loss.

Black Paint products are natural and made from organic ingredients. They are free from alcohols, paraffin, synthetic preservatives, fragrances, colourings, ultraviolet absorbers and anti-oxidants. Together, they serve as a complete system to fulfill the aforementioned points.

Black Paint Soap | Cleanser ($49.90 for 120g)
What it is: This gentle pore-cleansing, handmade facial soap is made with Kishu Bichotan Charcoal (White Charcoal). It removes makeup and cleanses pores deeply by removing keratotic plugs. It is made slightly alkaline to trigger our naturally acidic skin to release more acid to restore the pH balance. By doing so, the acid pushes out the dirt from our pores. Our skin is left feeling smoother and fresher.

To use this, immerse the soap into warm water till the surface melts into a 'sesame dessert paste'. Apply this paste directly from the soap onto your skin. Take note to use the paste from all 6 surfaces of the soap so it is able to be preserved for a longer time. Massage your face gently for 5 minutes and rinse off with warm water.

What I think: Though the steps seem pretty complicated, the soap is actually very easy to use. It's just a tad troublesome because it's a bar soap, and it's difficult to dry it completely after usage (You can try cutting it up into pieces!). But besides this tiny gripe, I really like it. It leaves my skin feeling clean and fresh, and looking very well-rested. I still have blackheads on my nose but the pores on my cheeks appear a lot cleaner.

Best Water | Toner ($59.90 for 100ml)
What it is: This pore-minimizing toner contains 30 types of minerals, such as Potassium and Magnesium, that penetrate into our skin deeply for instant hydration and preservation of moisture balance. It helps improve our skin texture and minimizes pores after cleansing.

To use this, gently pat 3 to 5 pumps of the toner onto your skin. You can also soak a piece of facial paper mask with it and use it twice a week.

What I think: I apply the toner right after cleansing and it sinks into my skin easily after several pats. It hydrates immediately, calms down some redness on my face and preps my skin for my moisturizer. When the weather gets too hot and my face starts feeling icky, I use this as an instant perk-me-up.

Water Cream | Moisturizer ($79.90 for 50ml)
What it is: This water-based moisturizing cream contains Morroco's Argan Oil to improve our skin's metabolism and promote moisture retention. There are 7 different types of flower oil to provide a protective veil against environmental aggressors and anti-oxidants.

To use this, spread a cherry-sized amount onto your skin. If you are applying makeup, wait till it is completely absorbed first.

What I think: This is my favourite product out of the 3. It keeps my skin plump with hydration all day. My T-zone can get pretty oily, so I use just a dab. But for the rest of my face, I use 2 pea-sized amounts and I receive compliments that my skin looks radiant. This also doubles up as one of the smoothest makeup base I have ever used; makeup literally just glides on. The only downside is that this contains silicone and it appears 2nd on the ingredient list. So if you're particular about what goes into your products, you might want to give this a miss.

Here are some photos I posted on Instagram in late May. My foundation was paper-thin that day, but my complexion still looked pretty alright. :D

Black Paint's Black Paint Soap, Best Water and Water Cream make up a simple yet thorough 3-step skincare regimen for the busy ladies. I like that the regimen is fuss-free and the products try to work with our skin's condition, instead of going against it. I would recommend the Water Cream especially. (:

For more information, please visit www.blackpaint.sg.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig