Sunday, June 18, 2017

Keeping my earrings

Trust and love are wonderful, but don't forget the earrings.
-Estée Lauder

I don't really wear accessories, save for a watch and earrings. The watch that I usually have on is a black Baby-G, which was bought with my first paycheck. I have a couple of other Casio ones, a red one from my parents and that's about it. Earrings, on the other hand, make a different story. I first got my ears pierced when I was 18, then when I was 19, 20, 23 and 26. I can remember the ages only because things happened and I wanted to remember them kind of permanently, so I got my ears pierced. Heh.

Anyway, earrings are usually the only accessories that I look out for when I'm shopping, especially in Bangkok. And since I go to the Land of Smiles quite frequently, I have amassed many, many pairs. *points above guilty* (Yes, earrings are on my not-to-buy-ever list.)

I usually keep my earrings in tiny ziplock bags, stuffed in a vintage chest of drawers. But out of sight means out of mind and I end up forgetting them. Quite recently, I visited my mentor's new apartment and she kept her earrings in little cubby holes in a drawer, which made them very visible. I haven't got an extra drawer but I have a happy place called Daiso. The above box cost SGD2 and though it can't contain all my earrings, at least I remember more of them.

(This frivolous piece is my attempt to KonMari my extremely cluttered room, though it's more tidying than throwing stuff away.)

Off to watch a Meryl Streep movie before dinner. She's my latest obsession. :D

SHARE:

1 comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig