Friday, December 31, 2010

REVIEW: K-Palette's Teka Oil Control Mat Powder



Sharon, from Japalang, sent me the K-Palette's Teka Oil Control Mat Powder amongst other goodies a while back. My Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder took a back seat while the K-Palette one took residence in my makeup pouch this school semester. (:



What is this Teka Oil Control Mat Powder?
It is an oil blotting powder! To keep the oilies away!

What is the packaging like?
The powder is housed in a round plastic tin which is slightly smaller than a palm. It has a mirror and comes with a puff, making touch ups very easy and convenient!

What does the powder contain?
It has SPF15 PA+++, hyaluronic acid, ceramide and collagen. All these ingredients are going to help keep your skin supple! (:

Does it provide any coverage?!?
Mine's in Natural Beige. It doesn't provide much coverage because, afterall, it isn't a foundation but an oil blotting powder. It does even out slight redness, like around my forehead and nose. (:

How does the powder feel on your skin?
FAB!!! It feels really light on my skin, almost like I didn't put anything on. And this feeling is something that I go for in all my face products. (I hate feeling like there's a layer on my skin because it makes my skin feel suffocated.)

Does it actually keep the oilies away? *skeptical look*
Haha. It DOES! It keeps my face matte for a good 4 hours! :D

So... How does this compare with Urban Decay's De-Slick Mattifying Powder?
The Urban Decay one hasn't got any SPF but the K-Palette one doesn't have any acne-fighting ingredient. I feel that the latter keeps my face more moisturized than the former and because of that, I actually prefer the K-Palette one. Also, it's much much kinder to your wallet. :D

For those who hate the smell of tea tree oil, the K-Palette one will be good for you!

Anything else to add?
I usually put on my moisturizer, Kao Bioré's Bioré UV Perfect Face Milk and then, my oil blotting powder. It worked fine with Urban Decay's De-Slick Mattifying Powder but with K-Palette's Teka Oil Control Mat Powder, my face looked way too powdery. So I skip the sunscreen. It helps that the Teka Oil Control Mat Powder contains SPF but it is rather on the low side... Just something to take note. (:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig