Tuesday, June 12, 2012

EVENT: Marc Anthony True Professional's Launch



On May 10th, I attended Marc Anthony True Professional's Lunch at The Boutique Hotel in Klapsons. Big thank you to the ladies from Touch Communications for the invitation! :DDD

For the uninitiated, Marc Anthony is the man behind many celebrities' amazing dos. He and his team (Chosen by the man himself!) have styled the tresses of Catherine Zeta-Jones, Blake Lively, Paris Hilton, Fergie, Eva Longoria, JUSTIN BIEBER (Caps for any young readers out there!) and the list goes on and on.

Marc Anthony came from a family of hairdressers so it was little wonder and perhaps, natural that he found his passion and place in this world. Through his products, he hopes to be able to bring out 'that sense of confidence and flirtatiousness that beautiful hair can give a woman'.



8 out of 14 available Marc Anthony True Professional ranges will be launched exclusively at Watsons (Yay, Watsons!).






There were 3 hair demonstrations and the above photos are for the Instantly Thick range. The lady who's working magic on the model's hair is Marc Anthony Salon's Artistic Director and Stylist Marilisa Sears. She has personally styled for the Biebs! And nope, she wasn't the one who took away his windswept hair. She was for it. And nope, I'm not a Biebs fan.

Sears applied the Instantly Thick's Hair Thickening Cream at the roots of the model's hair, teased and blew dry! And va-va-voom! Voluminous hair!



And before I go onto my review, here's a shot of the ladies at my table! :DDD The photo is taken from dear Yvette. (:



I'm currently using the Instantly Thick range. My hair's pretty flat at the top so I was hoping that this would help!



The Instantly Thick range rests on a foundation of a secret blend of Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy and Phytokeratin (A type of Wheat Protein.). This formula expands each hair strand to plump up your tresses!



The lid opens up to reveal a nozzle from which you can pour the shampoo and conditioner out from. One thumb up for hygiene but one thumb down because the opening is pretty big. I always pour out more than I need. This is especially so for the shampoo as it is less viscous.



You know how some shampoos can live without the conditioners? Well, unfortunately the Instantly Thick Hair Thickening Shampoo isn't one of them. After shampooing, my hair is left feeling a little dry. But this isn't as dry as Herbal Essences or TRESemmé. It doesn't feel like it is stripping all the oils out of my hair but it doesn't feel very sleek either.

However, when used with the Instantly Thick Weightless Volumizing Conditioner (What a mouthful!), my hair is left feeling light, soft and airy. It doesn't feel like it's being weighed down with oils like how some conditioners can make you feel.



As for volume, the effect is subtle but noticeable and you can actually feel a difference. I haven't used other volumizing shampoos/ conditioners before these so I can't really compare. But I'm pretty pleased with the Instantly Thick range. (:

I'll be including the Instantly Thick Hair Thickening Cream to my hair routine soon to give my crown more of a poof (It is incredibly flat.). I just need to find the discipline to wake up earlier. Heh.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig