Wednesday, July 4, 2012

REVIEW: Heroine Make's Long & Curl Mascara



At the Heroine Make's Princess Ball Event (Read about the event here!), I received her famous Long & Curl Mascara. This mascara took top spot as the No. 1 Mascara in @cosme's 2009 and 2010 Best Cosme Awards!

As mentioned before, this mascara is made up of an advances polymer coating. It contains Super Long Up Fibre, which is 1.5 times longer than the old version. Wrapping itself closely to every lash from the root to the tip, it gives a lengthening effect of up to 120% more. Without clumping!

The polymer is also able to hold the curl of your lashes and the mascara is repels tears, perspiration, water and sebum!



The wand sports a small curved brush and it was designed as so so that it fits the natural curves of our eyes. This ensures that the bristles get to every single lash.

Place the brush at the base of your lashes and swoop upwards! Apply multiple coats to up the density of your lashes. (:



Above are the photos of my lashes taken at the end of the day. I skip the eyelash curler as there is a natural lift to my lashes.

I was pleasantly surprised when I made the first swoop of the mascara on my lashes. My lashes were painted a deep, glossy black and were distinctly longer and separated. As the brush head is small, I could get the tiny lashes at the ends of my eyes easily.

Two more coats of the mascara saw slight clumping. And a forth one meant slightly more but it wasn't unsightly. It actually gave the illusion of denser, more luscious lashes! In other words, more volume and I really love the mascara quite a bit! Applying more coats did not weigh down my lashes too. (:

The mascara lasted the entire day (About 12 hours.) and did not smudge at all. There were no dark shadows below my eyes at the end of the day.

The only gripe I have is that, like most Japanese mascaras, this is really a pain in the neck to remove. It takes forever to clean it off and even then, there will still be some residue left. I'm really afraid that I'm causing too much stress to my lashes and this is the reason why I avoid Japanese mascaras in general. :\

Heroine Make has a Mascara Remover that is made of lash-conditioning ingredients like panax ginseng, root extract, royal jelly extract, camellia japonica, seed oil and rosa canina fruit oil. It is meant for the most stubborn mascaras. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but Eliza was telling me how awesome it was at the event. Perhaps, I would stop shying away from Japanese mascaras once I have tried it! (:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig