Wednesday, May 21, 2014

SKIN DIARY: Spectra Carbon Laser Peel with Trinity Medical Centre (Marine Parade)

Whoo boy, we are already into the 3rd week of May! Some days just crawl by, but as a whole, time really just slips past without us realizing. Especially when you're an adult. I remember wondering when December holidays would ever come when I was in primary school. But now it's like, just hang on a minute man. December's right round the corner! Anyway, apologies again for the rather long hiatus! I was finishing up my post-graduate diploma and I'm all ready to (finally) graduate (again) in June! And put studies on hold for now. Heh.

During the past 10 hectic weeks, I made a couple of trips down to Trinity Medical Centre (Marine Parade) to treat and maintain my skin. You know how stress just loves to manifest itself on my skin. Big sigh. BUT thank goodness I have the expertise of Dr. Lim Ming Yee to save me from the clutches of evil zits.

I started off each session with microdermabrasion. It consists of a diamond-tip that removes the uppermost layer of dead skin cells. Basically, it's like your home facial scrub. Except that it exfoliates a whole lot more without being too abrasive and irritable to your skin. It was like a strong suction thing, with no pain at all.

If you see the little round piece of cotton in the photo above... Latched onto it is my dead skin. So gross, but so good to see it all off me! When I was done with it, my face was left feeling really smooth and very clean. Best feeling in the world, yo.

Next, came the Spectra Carbon Laser Peel. This peel helps treat acne, oily skin, enlarged pores, superficial acne scars and fine wrinkles and also, stimulates collagen growth. Sounds awesome, no? :D It started off with an application of a thin layer of carbon lotion on my skin. This helps to enhance the absorption of the laser beam.

Then, the laser started. And it was like loud popping sounds! During my first time, I was a little frightened but after that, I just really enjoyed the process. Haha. I mean, it was all for the good of my skin (Women! :D ). And there wasn't any pain but warmth on the small area where the laser hit. If it's a tad too much for you to bear, you can always get the doctor to lower the laser's intensity. (:

And... TADAHHH! This was how my skin looked like after my 3rd Spectra Carbon Laser Peel (Pardon the pregnant eye bags!). There was no downtime at all so I could carry on with my activities for the day. My skin felt a lot fresher, smoother and looked more radiant! :D

Over the past couple of months, I have also noticed that my skin is kind of balancing up; my usually parched cheeks are less, well, parched and my T-zone area is less oily. I don't quite get breakouts now (Except when it's the time of the month.), though I do still get blackheads. They are quite pesky but I get them extracted (See the red bits on my forehead? :\). :D

Anyway, I think that the Spectra Carbon Laser Peel makes a great monthly perk-me-up for the skin and I really look forward to each session. Heh. If you have any questions, just drop me an email at lovecharlenejudith@hotmail.com. Have a wacky Wednesday, people! :D

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Heyyy, thx for sharing your experience:) does it help with enlarged pores?

    ReplyDelete

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig