Thursday, May 13, 2010

REVIEW: Bourjois Paris' Liner Effect Waterproof Mascara (Noir)

I have never thought of buying Bourjois' stuff because... Well, just because. They have this mini series which are really cute and I'm very tempted to own them all but as we all know packaging lies. Anyway, while doing my usual round of aimless surfing, I changed upon Beauty On The Way and there's this amazing entry on mascaras. After reading it, I was like "I HAVE to purchase the Bourjois' one!" (Yes, I'm still very much on my mascara craze.).



I got myself the waterproof one and in black, of course. Haha. They have it in blue and brown as well but those aren't waterproof.



There are 2 sides to the brush; one with short bristles and the other with long ones. According to Bourjois' website, you are supposed to

Step 1: Use long bristles to stretch the mascara formula from root to tip. Intensely lengthens lashes without clumping.
Step 2: Use short bristles to deposit formula at the base of the lashes, emphasising roots for a liner effect. It will look as though you have used a pencil khol in the inside rim of your lashes, without the hassle!
And guess what?!?

It is exactly as it says it is!!! *am on cloud 9* What I do is that I use the long bristles, the short ones and then, the long ones again. Some people have issues with the long bristles because they find them far too long for comfort and too spiky. I completely agree with them because the bristles ain't soft, oh no. You have to be extra careful when using it. But I find that it is the long bristles that makes certain that lashes do not clump together. Of all my mascaras, this is the one that separates lashes BEST!

The long bristles also make application for the lower lashes easier. As they are long, you can actually pinpoint the brush exactly where the lower lashes are at. With my other mascaras, I hardly ever use them on my lower lashes because they always get onto the skin and it's a pain to clean them off. Also, with other mascaras, I have to ensure that the brushes don't have too much mascara on them (before applying to my lower lashes) because they cause the (lower) lashes to clump horribly together and everything becomes this huge mess (Okay, not a HUGE mess per se. But you know what I mean, if you have your foundation, concealer etc. on and you get mascara on your undereye... You have to do the whole touching up business after you clean it off). But for the Liner Effect, I don't really have to take care of that because the bristles are so long. Clumping is almost (I say 'almost' because nothing is perfect.) history!

Anyway, after trying the mascara out for the first time, I decided to test its waterproof ability and so I ran the second episode of 'Ghost Whisperer'. As like the first one, I bawled my eyes out. The mascara did stay on BUT I found little flakes of it on my undereye. This didn't happen with my Majolica Majorca's one. Since I don't cry or swim or let my eyes come into contact with water often, this little flaw doesn't take many, in fact any, brownie points away from it. (:

I got mine from BHG, which is currently having a 20% discount, at $19.20. The usual price of the Bourjois' Liner Effect is $24.

P.S.: Crazy sorry for such a lengthy review but I really, really do LOVE this mascara! *regrets buying backups of MM's mascaras*

EDIT// I have noticed a little bit of flaking and smudging at the end of the day. But these aren't enough to make me throw it out yet because it really is the most fabulous mascara that I have at lengthening, volumizing and separating the eyelashes.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. the mascara wand is similar to the new Silky girl mascara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. youngorgeous: Is it??? I bought Silkygirl's eyeliner once but it didn't glide on smoothly at all! So I don't quite trust their products! Will check the mascara out though! Thanks for the heads up! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW it does look like the SilkyGirl Double Intense Mascara. :P And I happen to not like the SilkyGirl eyeliner already. :P

    ReplyDelete

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig