Monday, May 24, 2010

HAUL: Watsons' Member-Only Preview Event (Part 2)



1. Maybelline New York's Cream Gel Eyeliner by Eyestudio in 01 Black, 02 Brown, S09 Purple ($19.90/ $14.32)
I have seen these gel eyeliners around but I didn't think much of them because Maybelline's eye pencils suck very badly for me (I have to tug it at my skin very hard! Even then, the colour doesn't come out smooth at all. Ugh.). Also, I always use pencil eyeliners (Go to URBAN DECAY for the best pencil eyeliners!!!). Anyway, my friend, Dorcas, raved about it on Twitter and did a review and I was sold. Previously, Dorcas used M.A.C (Always!). She won't stand for products which are junk, so if she says something is good, it IS good.

As I own a gazillion eyeliners, I didn't pick them out until the Watsons' Sale. Only the purple one wasn't discounted.

2. Maybelline New York's B.B Cream ($16.90/ $12.17)
I have been using this for the past 2 days now. Though I have read reviews that claim that it's a fantastic product, I can't say the same for myself. It's just like any other B.B cream to me.

Brightens skin: B.B cream is supposed to come in a universal colour which matches everyone's skin. But that's not true. It comes in a light shade and that is what is giving you that brightening or whitening effect. At least that's what I think it is. I mean, why else would the new B.B creams have different shades when the original one is touted to suit all skin shades? Hmmm... Anyway, yes, this does brighten/ whiten up your skin because it's one shade lighter than my skin.
Covers imperfection: Not really. Coverage is minimal. Though it's supposed to reduce the appearance of pores and skin redness disappears, my pores are still as visible as when my skin is naked and parts of my face which are red still remains red.
Moisturizes + Protects: Usually my cheek areas can get a little dry but with this, they don't. So yay here! I can't say much about the protecting bit because there's no way to measure it.

I won't repurchase this again, because it's small, expensive and it's just like any other B.B cream to me.

3. Eucerin's Dermo Purifyer Cream-Gel ($25.70/ $18.50)
When I was in my early teens (Seems like aeons ago...), I suffered from very bad acne. I chanced upon this product from Neutrogena which contained Salicylic Acid (2%, I think.). It was a night treatment and it cleared up my skin wonderfully. BUT when I wanted to repurchase it again, I realized that they didn't stock up on it anymore! I was crazy upset because other over-the-counter products just messed up my skin.

Anyway, I went to the dermatologist eventually and my skin cleared up. However, late nights and stress can cause breakouts so I was pretty happy to see this when I was doing one of my usual rounds at Watsons (Haha! Watsons' personal surveyor.).

This doesn't contain Salicylic Acide but Lactic Acid. It doesn't fight zits as well as the Neutrogena one but it does a pretty splendid job in maintaining my skin and I wake up to well-moisturized skin. (: I have been using this for about 2-3 years now. (They have undergone some repackaging.)

EDIT// The Neutrogena product that I was talking about is now called Neturogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control, 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Treatment. Pretty sure this isn't available in Singapore but I haven't been to the Neutrogena bar for quite some time now.

4. EcoTOOLS' Powder Brush ($17.90)
I have some other EcoTOOLS' brushes. They are very soft and best of all, environmentally friendly! (: This wasn't discounted either.

5. Blistex's Lip Protectant/ Sunscreen SPF 15 in Raspberry Lemonade Blast ($4.50/ $3.24)
Prettiest, best-smelling lip (Smells just like rasberry and lemons!) balm that I have ever owned. I am onto my 2nd tube already! (: You don't feel a layer on your lips after applying it, unlike Burt's Bees.

6. Kao Bioré's Bioré Facial Form Scrub ($5.95)
I used this last year. I won't say that it's a very good scrub but it does its job; smooth and moisturized skin.
Before this, I was using the St. Ives's Blemish & Blackhead Control Apricot Scrub. I like that a lot! It contains 2% Salicylic Acid. But there wasn't any tube left on the day of the sale. ):

7. Maybelline New York's Hydra Boost (GWP)
This came free with purchase of $40 or more ($30-$39 gets you the makeup remover.). I haven't got much expectations for this product because Maybelline's a makeup brand and not a skincare one (For skincare products, go to a brand that started out as a skincare one. They will have years of 'experience'. All these ventures... Nuh uh. I don't trust them at all.). Still, I will see how it goes...

8. Himalaya Naturals' Purifying Neem Face Wash, Neem Face Pack and Nourishing Skin Cream (GWP)
This was the mystery goodie bag that came with an expenditure of more than $150. I have used one of their products for acne but it wasn't effective at all.

Phew! What a long entry! I did tons of editing (Can't seem to string sentences properly. Work is really hellishly tiring.) so it took quite a while to get this done. If you need any more information, just leave a comment and I will get back to you asap. (:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig