Saturday, June 23, 2012

REVIEW: Belif's Tinted Moisturizer Basic B.B.



It wasn't too long ago that I fell into the world of Belif and I'm thoroughly in love with the brand (As some of you may know... AHEM.). As I have been reading up a little on tinted moisturizers, it was pretty natural of me to get my hands on Belif's one. Haha!

Belif has 3 different types of tinted moisturizers; Tinted Moisturizer Basic B.B. (For normal/combination skin.), Tinted Moisturizer Powdery B.B. (For oily skin.) and Tinted Moisturizer Waterdrop B.B. (For dry skin.). I got the first one.

I have been using the Tinted Moisturizer Basic B.B. since April, very sporadically replacing it with one of Bourjois' foundation.



The Tinted Moisturizer Basic B.B. is said to provide a finish that 'covers skin imperfections to make skin look alive'. At the same time, it moisturizes the skin with Agave, a type of plant that hails from Mexico. Agave is known for its soothing and hydrating properties. It also helps to prevent breakouts.

The tinted moisturizer has SPF30/PA++ and is free from mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, synthetic dyes, synthetic preservatives and animal-origin ingredients.



The Tinted Moisturizer Basic B.B. is housed in a 30ml squeeze tube. You don't touch what you don't need, so kudos for hygiene! The tube is pretty sturdy and the size is perfect for placing it in your bag for touch-ups and most certainly, travels.



The tinted moisturizer comes in only a single shade, which is quite a pity but you would be glad to know that it isn't too white. It is a beige, with a very slight greyish tint. And it smells very much like The True Cream - Moisturizing Bomb; a very light, pleasant herbal scent.

It is neither viscous nor runny and it goes onto the skin smoothly. I use slightly less than a twenty-cent coin (Not a heap.), dot my face, and then, pat it in.



Having used this for close to 3 months, I can tell you that Belif did not disappoint me; This. Is. Almost-Gold and I love it so much that I bought a backup already. Heh. *guilty smile.*

Tinted Moisturizer Basic B.B. dries to a semi-matte finish and feels completely light (Lighter than a B.B. cream.) and comfortable. The coverage is superb, kinda like Missha's B.B. creams (And yet feels lighter! And Missha already feels light on the skin!). Check out my little freckle in the above two photos and the next two photos. (:



I kinda nicked myself a little, so there's the red spot. It is as red as blemishes can get on my face.



And here is how it looks like after the tinted moisturizer is applied on it! :D

Being a light tinted moisturizer, the Tinted Moisturizer Basic B.B. lasts well for a good 6 hours before flaws start peeking through. I skip powder when I use this, just because I don't like the matte look. And I don't do primer as well. So... THUMBS UP!!! :DDD

But nothing is perfect and this too has its not-so-good points. Agave is supposed to prevent skin troubles but I don't really see it. This is very much unlike the The True Cream - Moisturizing Bomb, which contains Comfrey Leaf and cleared up my skin very unexpectedly. I was actually hoping this would work in a similar way but it didn't. ):

Another thing, which is pretty small and I'm being very particular here, is that I don't know if it's a tinted moisturizer or a B.B. cream. The name and website contradict and hmmm... I like to know what my products are exactly. To me, judging by the texture and feel, I think it's more of a tinted moisturizer. Just in case, you are particular like me.

So yep, this is the end of my review. Leave a comment if you have any questions and I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks for reading and Happy Saturday!!! :DDD

P.S.: This retails at $33. (:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig