Sunday, May 16, 2010

REVIEW: Stila's Convertible Color (Orchid)

Besides being a mascara fanatic, I'm also a lip/ cheek stain maniac. *guilty smile* I have Benefit's Benetint, Benefit's Benetint Lip Balm, M.A.C's Just A Pinch Gel Blush, The Body Shop's Lip & Cheek Stain, was an ex-owner of Etude House's Fresh Cherry Lip Tint... And yours truly has only 2 cheeks. *GLOOM* Anyway, as I was saying, Stila has my heart where lip/ cheek stains are concerned (Yay Stila!). (:



Stila's Convertible Color can be used on both the lips and cheeks (Yay for multi-tasking products!). They have 9 shades altogether, which can be viewed here. The one that I have is in Orchid and as far as I know, has been discontinued (Why is it that all good stuff always bites the dust?!? Makeup brands, hello?!? ): ). It wasn't available in their regular line up but came with the Stila's Step Out and Shine Color Collection and Handbag Gift Set for Stila's Holiday Collection 2008.



The Convertible Color comes in a pretty metallic dull pink casing. It comes with a handy dandy mirror. Packaging wise, it's alright. I mean no one likes dipping their fingers into products, especially one that is a stain because it stays on your finger all day (YES! This product's staying power is a-a-amazing! More on that later!). But I can't think of any other packaging that it can be in... Tube?!? That will be weird, alright.



The colour looks crazy deep, dark, intense, scary blah blah blah... but I swear to you that it isn't! (Sorry that the product doesn't look very good above! Have been using it for a while now.)





When blended out on the cheeks, it gives you a really nice, natural rosy hue. It's like the oh!-I-just-came-back-from-my-jog kind of girlish look. Which is a look that I think all girls should sport because it's so healthy! And girlish! Haha. Okay, that's what I think anyway.

When I have school, after moisturizer and sunscreen, I will usually apply mascara and then dab two spots of the convertible colour on my cheeks and blend, blend, blend (Yes, I don't use foundation, concealer and all that jazz because I seriously think that Singapore's weather will just melt them all away into one big gooey mess. I know it's not true but I still think this way. Haha. Okay, irrational much. Ahhh... Foundation just makes my skin feel so suffocated. ): ).

I put this on at 6am in the morning and when I come home at around 8pm, it's still there!!! (: It doesn't make my cheeks itch (Unlike Benetint! I wanted so much to like it but just as well. It's so hellishly expensive!). It's waterproof (Cry as much as you want and you still have pretty rosy cheeks! Even though if you're crying, your face will be very red already and I shouldn't sound so happy about having pretty cheeks when one is CRYING... Haha. Okay, you get the picture. It only comes off with makeup remover.). It doesn't come off if you happen to rub your cheeks (Unlike M.A.C's Just A Pinch Gel Blush.). And seriously, just 2 dabs are all that you need and so, the product is gonna last you a very, very long time.

I haven't tried it on my lips yet because I think all stains, no matter what the brand says, are very drying on (lips) so I can't say much for the lip usage.

Even though this particular shade has been discontinued (I got mine from a livejournal seller), it is available in the Step out and Shine Color Collection on beautycrunch.com. (:

P.S.: Do note to apply this first before putting on your foundation!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig