Saturday, November 5, 2011

REVIEW: Hada Labo's Hydrating Cleansing Oil



Drawn to Hada Labo's skincare philosophy of being 'Perfect X Simple', it was difficult not to be intrigued by its Hydrating Cleansing Oil, though I usually eschew oil-based products. Thank you The Sample Store for sending me a bottle to review! :DDD



Hada Labo's latest baby, the Hydrating Cleansing Oil contains high purity olive oil and of course, their signature Super Hyaluronic Acid. It contains no fragrances, colourings, alcohols and mineral oils. Perfect for people with sensitive skin like me! :D

This little potion is touted as a '1-step makeup remover', erasing all traces of makeup, including waterproof eyeliners and mascaras! And because it's water-soluble, it does it without leaving any greasy feeling!

Sounds good, aye? Let's put it to the test on different types of makeup!



On my arm, starting from the left, they are

Holika Holika's Petit BB (Moisture)
K-Palette's 24H Real Lasting Eyeliner Waterproof in Brown
Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Bourbon
Topshop's Blush in Head Over Heels
Shiseido's Perfect Rouge in RD 305
L'Oreal Paris' Glam Shine 6H in V5 Iredsistible.

A makeup for each part of the face!



The Hydrating Cleansing Oil is to be used on dry skin. So do make sure your hands are dry and don't wet your face! I take just one pump of the oil and it's more than sufficient for my entire face.

There's a very faint olive oil smell, which is neither pungent nor pleasant. Haha. It's just a smell that's... Well, just there. Haha. It doesn't stay on the skin anyway, so it's nothing to be bothered by. I massage it onto my face gently and then, rinse it off with water!



Et voilà! Not a single trace is left!!! The K-Palette's 24H Real Lasting Eyeliner Waterproof in Brown took a little longer to be removed, as compared with the rest, but I didn't have to rub at it harder or anything like that. It just took a little longer to go away, that's all.

Also, after washing the oil off, it didn't leave my face feeling taut! THUMBS UP! The oil cleansers which I had used previously left me feeling greasy but not this one! Not in the least bit! TWO THUMBS UP!

As like all oil cleansers, the Hydrating Cleansing Oil removes makeup a lot faster than water-based cleansers. But the factors which won me over were that it didn't leave any greasing feeling and it contains no fragrances, colourings, alcohols and mineral oils. Now that I am more knowledgeable about beauty products, I'm more conscious of the ingredients that go into them. (:

The Hada Labo Hydrating Cleansing Oil, $20.90, is available exclusively at Watsons. Do check out Hada Labo's Facebook page here for their latest news!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig