Saturday, September 1, 2012

REVIEW: Clinique's Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector



Last year, I attended Clinique's Spotlight's On You Media Event (Click here to read about it!) where I met the very handsome Bobby Tonelli and got severely tongue-tied and, according to the brother, I dressed like a gothic lolita... For a Hollywood theme. Right, Charlene.

Oh wells. One learns from mistakes and that includes the mistake of writing off a product when one is so early in the 'experiment' period. Before you think that I missed out an entire chunk of history, like there is a memory lapse or something, what happened was that...

I started using the Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector, which was the spotlight of the event, almost immediately. I took a million shots of my naked face; dark spots/ areas, unglam-ness and all. And I was incredibly disciplined. I did that for the next 3 weeks. I was expecting a lot from this product because of all the YouTube raves so can you imagine my disappointment when my face looked exactly the same after all that discipline? And I was even more upset when Juliet told me it worked for her so well. I was like 'It has to be my face!' and proceeded to make a mental strangled cry.

But anyway, its review never came up because... You know how sometimes you get so upset at something and you just don't want to look at it, talk about it... Yeah, that was the feeling I had towards it (Cements the fact that I'm a full-blown beauty junkie.). The photos were annihilated when I lost my memory card and the bottle lay buried beneath my ten million beauty products and packets of cotton wool.

Then, one fine day, I found myself with a mark in-between my brows. Off-centre. I looked like I had a third eye and even underneath all that foundation that I was piling over it, it still stuck out big and proud. I decided to unearth the Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector and even though it didn't like me very much, I was like 'Oh, what the heck! I have to finish it anyway.' and so, here's where the real story begins.

Haha. I'm just kidding and I'm sorry to have bored you with all that grandmama story but I thought it was an important prelude *nods seriously*. Anyway, before I go into my review, here's a fact sheet I did for the Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector:



In a nutshell, the Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector helps to even out the skin tone in as little as 4 weeks! For all women, for all skin types! You can read the details here!



The Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector is kept in a clinical white 30ml tube. I like that it has a pump from which the corrector is dispensed from (Hygiene!). The tube is slim, though a tad bulky to lug around and for travel.

The serum is to be used twice daily, on the entire face, before moisturizing. It is advised to NEVER forget sunscreen (SPF 15 or higher.) for the deliverance of results in 4 weeks.



So... (The way I'm saying it is a tad anti-climatic. Do pardon a very tired me.) What I found out about the Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector is that it really doesn't work on old dark spots and Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (Read about PIH here.) BUT it works brilliantly on FRESH dark spots and PIH!!! Juliet did tell me that she used it on her fresh marks and there was a marked difference the next day. AND WAS SHE RIGHT!!!

My off-centre 'third eye' has shrunk into a full-stop, within just 3 days! *jumps around ecstatic* Thank you, thank you, Clinique!!! I'm really pleased with the effect of it, though it is a pity that it doesn't work miracles on old fiends for me. There are some really mixed reviews online. Anyway, the serum sinks into the skin really quickly and leaves a slightly sticky residue. It smells, well, very clinical... Not exactly a scent that I like but it isn't strong at all. I noticed that the serum darkens with time but it can last for 24 months after opening.

The Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector is fab for me because I'm always picking at my spots and having to entertain PIH after that. The severity of my PIH depends a lot on the nature of my spots, as well as how I pick at them (Charlene, just be patient and stop picking! For Pete's sake!). I like that I can actually tackle my PIH during the healing process so that I can bid severe ones good bye ASAP.

Would I repurchase this? I would IF I had some extra money because this does not come cheap ($104 for 30ml and $143 for 50ml). I guess I can help myself by not touching my spots in the first place. Then again, there are those huge, annoying ones that leave a mark even though you gave them a wide berth and prayed daily. BUT BUT BUT if I were to have another 'third eye', you can be certain that you will find an anxious me at a Clinique counter on the very next day.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig