Wednesday, March 5, 2014

RAMBLINGS: When you are a hurricane.

"I am not the first person you loved.
You are not the first person I looked at with a mouthful of forevers.

We have both known loss like the sharp edges of a knife.
We have both lived with lips more scar tissue than skin.

Our love came unannounced in the middle of the night.
Our love came when we’d given upon asking love to come.

I think that has to be part of its miracle.
This is how we heal. 

I will kiss you like forgiveness.
You will hold me like I’m hope.

Our arms will bandage and we will press promises between us like flowers in a book.
I will write sonnets to the salt of sweat on your skin.
I will write novels to the scar of your nose.
I will write a dictionary of all the words I have used trying to describe the way it feels to have finally, finally found you.

And I will not be afraid of your scars.
I know sometimes it’s still hard to let me see you in all your cracked perfection, but please know:

whether it’s the days you burn more brilliant than the sun or the nights you collapse into my lap your body broken into a thousand questions, you are the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.

I will love you when you are a still day.
I will love you when you are a hurricane."
― Clementine von Radics
-

I JUST watched 'The Notebook' and my gosh... As sappy as it was, I friggin' love it! I can't believe I took so long. Okay, so I actually really hate sappy stuff. But I only hate it when I'm over it. Haha. Anyway, I'm reading the book now. And the book pales in comparison to the film, which is so very, very strange because we all know that the books are usually better. But Nicholas Sparks is so s-l-o-w. Like every movement of the protagonists is calculated and has a meaning to it. So does not happen in real life (Hello. Pur-please.). BUT I'm still going to finish it anyway. It has been so long since I last picked up a book. I know. Shameful.
 
It has been a while since I last 'rambled' here. I feel like my thoughts are so frivolous and trivial now that they are just not worth penning down. I try to run everyday after work. Once dinner is done, I do random stuff, reply to texts and end the day with a phone call to my bestie. And that's it. I think my work is meaningful enough but I feel like there should be something more. Unfortunately and as always, I just can't put my finger on what it is.
 
But surely, life is more than this.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig