Saturday, June 4, 2011

REVIEW: TRESemmé's Shampoo and Conditioner (Moisture Rich)



Hi Muffins! Before I make a switch to Sunsilk, I thought I review TRESemmé's Shampoo and Conditioner (Moisture) which I bought in April (Read my haul entry here.). I have been using them for more than a month now.

"From our origins in salons around the world, we've always had a simple vision: to create stylist-tested, salon-quality products without the salon price tag, so you can experience the salon feeling everyday. TRESemmé - Professional, Affordable."
- TRESemmé's Philosophy


TRESemmé started in 1947 and the name is a word play on the name of then leader and national spokesperson for professional haircare industry, Edna L. Emme. Their products are used in salons in U.S., Canada and U.K. and in particular for hair repair treatment from heating damage caused by hair ironing and blowdrying (from Wikipedia.).



The range which I have been using is Moisture Rich. This is meant for dry and damaged hair. It contains Vitamin E and natural extracts of sunflower, hazelnut and almond to strengthen hair, prevent damage, restore moisture and strength.



The shampoo comes out clear and has a very fresh and pleasant scent. Each time I came out of the bathroom, my sis would go "Why do you smell so nice?!?". The scent doesn't stay for long though.

Unfortunately, I don't like this shampoo very much. If you have used Herbal Essences' shampoo and conditioner before, TRESemmé's ones 'work' exactly the same way. The shampoo makes your hair dry (Not as dry as Herbal Essences' one though.). It is as if it strips away all the oil in your hair and your hair becomes soft again only with the use of the conditioner. I don't know why TRESemmé (and Herbal Esscences) works like this but I don't like it at all. ):



The conditioner comes out thick, white and opaque. It smells just as fabulous as the shampoo and it makes your hair soft.

But as aforementioned, I don't like this range very much because of the feel it gives me. Also, my ends are still as dry as hay. I know the ends are old and dead and not much can be done to them but I feel that the Tsubaki series actually made my ends feel softer.

I have the Salon Silk one which is supposed to have a deeper conditioning level than the Moisture Rich one, so I will try that after I'm done with Sunsilk. (:

Have you tried any of TRESemmé's products? How do you like them? (:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig