Friday, August 5, 2011

REVIEW: Mentholatum's Lip Ice Lip Moisturizers

Rough and dry lips are unsightly and the only way to kiss them goodbye is to use lip balms! For those who want a hint of colour on their lips but hate the feeling of yucky lipsticks, lip balms are the way to go too! I fall into both camps so I have tons of lipbalms lying around in my loo, pockets and bags. Heh.

The Sample Store recently gave my lips some loving by sending me Lip Ice Lip Moisturizers in Strawberry and Shimmer. Thank you! Incidentally, Lip Ice was the first brand of lip balms I got way back when I was 14. (:



Top in Japan, Lip Ice Lip Moisturizers go on clear before turning into your shade of pink. That's right! The pink it turns into isn't going to be found on another's lips!

The above's Strawberry. (:



It contains a natural beeswax formula and natural ingredients, such as shea butter, macadamia ternifolia nut oil, jojoba oil and aloe vera extract to ensure that lips are well-hydrated. Vitamin E is also added to soften and protect the lips from the harsh weather elements.



Slim enough to be slipped into your pockets, it is a neat product to bring around. The lip balm slides in and out easily by twisting the product's body.

There is also a rather strong sweet strawberry scent, which I like! For those who are adverse to diabetes-inducing sweetness, here's a piece of good news for you! The scent goes on light on the lips and is barely noticeable within a couple of seconds!



Here's how my lips look like after application! The lip balm took away my lips' cracks and flakes but I find the pink a little too loud for me. There is a very light layer of gloss, which I quite like.

I tried blotting some pink off. The edges of the lips are where the lip balm comes off the easiest, making it seem like I just sucked on a lollipop. With my lips. So if you're using this, do make sure that your makeup leans on the neutral side as the spotlight is going to be on the lips.



And now, meet Shimmer, who's going to add sparkles to your puckers! Hahaha!



This, too, is formulated with natural beeswax, shea butter, macadamia ternifolia nut oil, jojoba oil and aloe vera extract.



Same nifty packaging! The lip balm is, however, dotted with pretty purplish pink sparkles!

There isn't the sweet strawberry scent here. Instead, it smells a little like cardboard. But again, it goes on light on the lips and poof! Vanishes!



This too is equally moisturizing. However, the colour's also a little too loud for me. Coupled with the sparkles... You really do need to ensure that you don't have too much going on in your face (Light makeup!).

I think that these lip balms are perfect for ladies who do light makeup and want a little more oomph in their looks. The shades a tad too pink. Though Vitamin E is added to protect the lips from weather elements, I wish there was some SPF in it. :\

There is nothing to complain about in the moisturizing department as it really keeps the lips hydrated and smooth (KISS ME ALREADY!!! No, kidding!). Also, the light layer of gloss is appreciated as it is absent in most lip balms.

Are you a lip balm junkie like me? What's your favourite? (:
SHARE:

2 comments

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig