Thursday, May 9, 2013

REVIEW: Refill of Novalash's Eyelash Extensions by Lolita

Two Sundays ago, I popped by Lolita to touch up my lashes. It had been exactly 3 weeks and some of my extensions had fallen off, especially from my right eye. Anyway, meet Shuxian! She's the pretty therapist behind my gorgeous extensions! :D

The first shot features my extensions after 3 weeks. My left eye's extensions are pretty much still intact. But not my right... I rubbed it a couple of times (Before I remembered OH! I have extensions on. :\). But if you take care of your extensions, they can last beyond 3 weeks. If you're worried about the 'bareness' of your extensions after 3 weeks, don't worry because it isn't obvious when your eyes are opened. Alternatively, you can go for a refill, which was what I did!

Here's what Shuxian did during the refilling process:

  • Step 1: Applied eye mask and under-eye stickers to separate my upper lashes from the bottom ones.
  • Step 2: Using tweezers, she went through each extension and removed the loose ones.
  • Step 3: Attached the new extensions on!
  • Step 4: Dried the glue with a hand-held fan and some water.

    For more information about the process of attaching extensions, click here for my first review!

    During my last trip, Shuxian told me to keep 2 hours free for the refill but in the end, she took only about an hour, including the removal of loose extensions (That was like less than 10 minutes!). I was so comfortable that I fell asleep midway!

    Here are the tools she used! The two little black commas are the Novalash adhesive. Shuxian used extensions that were 8mm and 12mm long for me as I usually have my spectacles on. Longer extensions would sweep against my spectacles and may cause slight discomfort.

    Here's how my lashes look, a week later!

    Without eyeliner!

    With eyeliner!

    Shuxian did natural lashes for me again, just like the previous time. I'm going to opt for a more dramatic one come June, before my trip to Taiwan (Yes, again!).

    Extensions not only enhance our eyes but can also alter how they look. It all depends on the length and density used. Here are some styles which you might want to consider:

  • Dramatic: Extensions are attached to almost every lash. This will take about 2 hours.
  • Doe-eyed: Extensions are denser and longer in the centre, creating the illusion of bigger irises.
  • Sultry: Longer extensions at the end to elongate the eyes.

    And just in case you are unaware, April/ May's promotion is still ongoing for my readers! :D Here's what you have to do to get pretty lashes for just $39 (instead of $139!):

  • Call Lolita at 6338 9981 and make an appointment with Shuxian one week in advance.
  • Quote 'Novalash@Charlene'.
  • Wait for your pretty lashes to come!

    Shuxian will be working on your lashes so if you're going to do it with a friend, you will need to book separate slots. And do make an appointment one week in advance as Shuxian's schedule is quite packed. Lastly, it would be good if you could go there without any eye makeup, especially mascara. (:

    As usual, if you have any questions, just leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

    LOLITA GROUP
    6 Raffles Boulevard
    #B1-12 Marina Square
    Tel.: +65 6338 9981
    URL: http://www.lolitagroup.com/

  • SHARE:

    No comments

    Post a Comment

    © xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
    Blogger Template Designed by pipdig