Thursday, March 31, 2011

REVIEW: Babyliss' Pro Ceramic Dial-a-Heat Tongs (24 and 32 mm)

Hey Muffins!

I'm finally done with my midterms! HOLA!!! Anyway, as promised, here's a review of the Babyliss' Pro Ceramic Dial-a-Heat Tongs and a little information about the hair products I used for curling.



These curlers come with swivel cords and safety stands. Do be careful about the safety stands because they are made of metal. I wonder why they don't make them out of heat insulators... Anyway, I got myself a heat proof mat so I don't have to make use of the stands (When they are in use, they jut out. I was afraid that I would burn my face with it and there was no friggin' way that I was going to let that happen!).



There are 25 temperature settings. I used '13', holding my hair in the curler for about 20 seconds. It took me about 15 minutes to curl my entire head of hair.



And TADAHHH!!! This was me after an entire day of school and outing. My hair's pretty black so I don't think you can see the curls clearly in the picture. But anyway, the curls remained defined throughout the entire day! (:

Now, onto the hair products which I used. (:



First up, it's the Lucido-L's Designing Aqua Hair Curl Lotion . This is a heat protectant. It smells like the Kao's Liese Juicy Shower Moisturizing Hair Mist; sweet like berries! And it doesn't leave any sort of sticky or stiff feeling on my hair so *thumbs up and spastic smile*!



To ensure that my curls lasted all day, I sprayed Tony&Guy's Beach Curl Spray liberally. This product is strong but it does have a peculiar smell, which you need to get used to (After a while, I actually sort of like it.). Also, it does leave your hair feeling a little stiff. :\ But it did a splendid job in keeping my curls defined. (:



If you have been following me for some time, you would know that I hate the feeling of 'things' on me. Like my moisturizers can't be too thick yada yada yada. So I bought the Lucido-L's Designing Pump Hair Jelly . This didn't leave my hair feeling stiff but my curls didn't last. Towards the end of the day, they were looking all kinds of sad. But but if you're into those really loose kind of curls, then this would be good for you. I like my curls bouncy!

I hope this entry was helpful for you! Should you have any questions, do ask! (:

Anyway, if you detected a mellow tone in my writing, that's because I have my tresses lopped off. ): During the Recess week, whilst studying for my midterms, I got really bored and hopped off to a neighbourhood saloon. And the lady made an awful mess of my hair! My hair's naturally wavy. She snipped off the rebonded bits and put in so many layers that my hair was literally all over the place.

The minute my 2nd paper ended, I headed to my cousin's hairstylist and got my hair straightened and cut. Here's my hair now (It's a photo of Sya, my professor who's going back to Canada on Sunday and me. (: )



So... Yay or nay? :\
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig