Tuesday, May 17, 2011

REVIEW: Ginvera Green Tea's Aqua Whitening Cream and Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream SPF 30/ PA++

Earlier this month, The Sample Store sent me Ginvera Green Tea's latest family members; Aqua Whitening Cream (with Oil Control) and Nude Cover BB Cream SPF 30/ PA++ for review. (:



Product: Aqua Whitening Cream (with Oil Control)
Key Ingredients: Green Tea essence, Thanaka extracts and Biogel
Directions: Squeeze out what you need (2 peas-sized will be fine!) and apply after cleansing and toning!
Cost: $16.90

They say: The Aqua Whitening Cream whitens and lightens scars, provides UV protection and oil control and prevents those darned zits from appearing. On top of that, the cream also hydrates the skin, giving you the much coveted radiant glow!



I say:
I have to say this first; the cream smells OH-SO-HEAVENLY!!! I'm a huge fan of green tea (Anything green tea, giveittome!) so whenever I squeeze the cream out from the tube and the scent hits me... (Cue: Romantic music.) I'm unconditionally and irrevocably in LOVE (Quote: A certain sappy vampire story.)! Hee!

The cream comes out rather thick but absorbs into the skin real easily. It is lightweight, though I do find that it's a tad heavy for usage in the day. But do note that I am quite fussy, grease up rather quickly and do find most day creams heavy for me. Hence, oil control-wise, I'm giving it a thumbs down. I don't really see any mattifying effect here. The cream is definitely very hydrating. Dry skin people, cheer!

There is an immediate whitening effect upon application but I haven't used it long enough to gauge if the whitening effect is here to stay. All in all, I think this is a good product, especially for people with dry skin. (: And did I mention that I LOVE the smell?!? Hee (I know I did.).



Product: Nude Cover BB Cream SPF 30/ PA++
Key Ingredients: Green Tea extracts (Rich source of anti-oxidants.), Allantoin (A cell-proliferating healing agent which stimulates healthy tissue formation.), Hyaluronic Acid (For hydration.), Ginseng and Angelica (For nourishment and hydration of skin.)
Directions: Apply after your skincare regime. Squeeze a pea-sized amount, dab it all over your face and tap it in.
Cost: $16.90

They say: The Nude Cover BB Cream has a light, velvety non-greasy texture which provides a natural, flawless and radiant coverage. It has a nano-fine texture which allows the BB cream to spread easily, concealing pores, imperfections and evening out skin tone. Formulated with SPF 30/ PA++, it helps protect the skin from the sun, preventing premature ageing, wrinkles and fine lines!



I say:
I'm all for B.B. creams (My Kate foundation is currently lying in the thickest layer of dust possible.) and especially for one that has such an awesome green tea scent! :DDD



The B.B. cream comes out rather runny, much unlike other B.B. creams which I have used. This kind of makes a mess out of the packaging *points above*. But surprisingly, it being runny doesn't equate to it giving light coverage or you needing more than your usual amount. The cream applies like a second skin, very lightweight and comfortable. It actually provides a heavier coverage than the typical B.B. cream and leaves no grey cast.



However, I do find the shade a tad too dark for me. This is really an in-my-opinion kind of thing because I like to look fair. It's also really my only gripe about this product. It covers my pores and redness perfectly, to give me a smooth and almost-perfect (Just because nothing is perfect! ;) ) canvas for makeup!



Look at how seamlessly (Minus the colour.) it blends into the skin! It doesn't look at all like I have applied anything on my arm. Just that I have a very weird tan... Hmmm. Haha.

One very noticeable thing about the cream is the incredible hydration that it provides. It doesn't verge on the my-face-is-going-to-turn-into-a-oil-bath feeling. As aforementioned, it's very lightweight... I don't know how the product does it, really. The other B.B. creams which I have tried... If they were hydrating, I was positive that my face was going to turn into a mush of oil. If they didn't make me feel like a total grease ball, then they weren't hydrating at all. So the verdict? I really, really love this product! My only wish is that it was a tad lighter. ):

Before I go back to the books (BIG SIGH.), you can get samples of these products here or here! Let me know your verdicts! :D
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig