Monday, February 27, 2012

ATM: I had good skin in January!



Happy Monday, Muffins! :D This is something which I wanted to share quite a while back. However, when February came, I was bombarded with school and skin woes so this has been pushed back for a pretty long time. (26 days, in fact.).

Anyway, for the month of January, I had the smoothest and clearest skin possible! I started this skincare regime in the mid of December, occasionally switching things a little for testing. But the products which I'm about to share made up the core of my regime.



My regime consisted of just 4 items. It started with my trusty ol' Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. I have mentioned a gazillion times before but once again, this has been with me since I was 15. I don't like straying away from this very much because more often than not, it leads to the most undesirable consequences (Keep reading... OH GLOOM!).

This cleanser doesn't treat, plump your skin or do any of those fancy stuff. It just cleanses, like what a cleanser is supposed to do, and it does a splendid job. It's perfect for those with sensitive skin. But of course, this doesn't double up as a makeup remover so please use one for getting rid of your makeup first.

Next, I followed up with Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion. I have done a comprehensive review here and for anyone who's interested to know, the travel set lasted me for a month and a half and it's still available at Ngee Ann City's Watsons.

Back to the lotion, I poured a few drops in my hands, clapped my hands together (I don't rub because I have sweaty palms and I don't want to risk... Making any sweat. Haha.) and patted the lotion all over my face.

A few drops of Kiehl Midnight Recovery Concentrate came after that. I love the smell of it so incredibly much! For someone who stresses over the most trifling thing, a whiff of this ensures a good night's sleep. This is in my current regime.

To end of the whole regime, I used Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Milk in the same way I used the lotion.

All these products made a perfectly smooth and clear canvas out of my face. Makeup went on smoothly and I was feeling blissful everyday. Unfortunately, the Wicked Witch of the West had to come and mess my skin up (Oh yes. Blame the Witch. It's not my fault at all! Haha. Nahhh... Blame the beauty junkie in me. ):).



I mentioned in my latest haul entry (Click here to read.) that I purchased the Hada Labo Tamagohada AHA+BHA Exfoliating Face Wash. I raved about how there was a marked smoothness in my skin.

BUT (There's always a 'but'! ANNOYING.) a week or two of it dried up my skin like the Sahara Desert!!! I was using it everyday because gawd! It said 'gentle' on the tube and recommended usage is twice daily!!! Sam actually advised me to use it only a couple of times a week and I was on the lookout for a new cleanser to try out. I didn't think 2 weeks matter at all. HOW WRONG I WAS!!! And well, now I'm paying for it. It didn't help that February has been very stressful so all the spots came rearing their ugly heads. OH WOE IS ME!!! ): ): ):



Anyway, to combat the yucky, flaky skin, I have been slathering Steam Cream (Click here to read my review!) on very generously. And though it was pretty heavy for my then well-moisturized skin, my now parched skin is lapping the cream up like its life is dependent on it! THANK YOU, STEAM CREAM!



I still have a couple of dry areas and spots left and I pray hard that they go away soon! But anyway, it's supposed to be 'Happy Monday' so I shall end off sounding oh-so chirpy (I am, actually! For it's the start of Recess, a one-week break for university students!)! For anyone who's looking for a new skincare regime, do give the aforementioned one a shot! I know of a few people who are constantly raving about Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lotion so do at the very least try this, if you haven't already! :DDD
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig