Monday, February 6, 2012

HAUL: Forgotten bits.

After I posted my last haul entry (Read it here. :D), I realized that I missed out a few items. So here they are!



I have been using the Rachel K Mineral Color Control Blemish Balm (Neutral) and Pressed Powder (Medium) everyday since I got them from Watsons in mid-January. C.C. Cream is actually a B.B. Cream, but better.

The 2 products complement each other perfectly, giving me a flawless, natural-looking and matte complexion! A couple of friends have complimented me on my skin and I'm like this little kid who got her candy, screaming "Use Rachel K!"! Do note that the coverage is pretty light but it's enough for me. Anyway, a review will be up soon! :D



Yes, I know I'm in a crazy foundi frenzy (That rolled off the tongue nicely!)! I'm guilty as charged but finding a base that suits your skin is really important. No matter how expensive or how much blushers and eye makeup you pile on, the canvas is the determining factor in your overall look.

The Cezanne Ultra Cover Foundation II was bought from Guardian after reading Sara's entry (Read it here.). Sara's raves about how the powder makes her skin looks so flawless is making me want to rip the powder out of its packaging right this minute!

Recently, I started watching Lisa Eldridge's videos. I know, I'm incredibly slow. I prefer reading to watching. But anyway, she loves her Bourjois' foundations and for me, Bourjois is THE French brand. I love their mascaras and blushers, so it's probably high time for me to check out their foundations. I got the Healthy Mix Foundation from ASOS.com and the Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation from Watsons. I read that the two are different in terms of texture and finish, and one is made for oilier skin. Can't wait to find out! :D



I haven't bought eyeshadow palettes in a while since I'm loaded with Urban Decay ones but I have always had a soft spot for Stila (Who can resist the pretty, girly yet sophisticated packaging?!?). So when Sophia featured the In The Light Eye Shadow Palette in her 2011 Top 11 Beauty Faves entry (Read it here.) and I saw it on ASOS.com... Umm, I got it! Heh. Stila's eyeshadows are incredibly soft and pigmented. I'm so thrilled to find the shade Kitten in this little book of treasures!

The arrival of this palette has led to my Urban Decay's Naked Palette taking a backseat now, though. Heh.



I'm such a fan of K-Palette (Read my entries here.) that I haven't ventured into other brands (For liquid eyeliners.) for 2 years now, I think. At the last Watsons' sale, the Maybelline New York Hypersharp Liner was going for only $11+ so it was really difficult to give it a miss (Purchase justified!).

As for Dolly Wink, I have heard so much about the brand! I'm not really into their eyeshadows or (relatively more expensive) falsies. I happened to come across the Limited Edition Gift Set, Dolly Wink Volume Mascara Black + Liquid Eyeliner back in December, so I got it so that I could try out their products myself.



I was introduced to the brand Burt's Bees when I just got into makeup and so, it will always have a place in my heart. Heh. These 2 sets were bought from Sephora during December. I have 2 of their Lip Shimmers in Nutmeg and Rhubarb (Swatches can be viewed here.) and though they aren't moisturizing, I love the tint that they provide. The Tinted Lip Balm is something that I have wanted to try since they were released last year.

Another item which I bought recently was Hada Labo's Tamagohada AHA+BHA Exfoliating Face Wash. This is a million times better than the Super Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Wash, which I didn't think very much of. There's marked smoothness in my skin when I incorporated it into my regime. I don't think I will be deviating from this anytime soon (Though I'm tempted to try out drugstore cleansers again. I used to play with brands like Shokubutsu and Ginvera.). (:
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I use the Hada Labo's Tamagohada AHA+BHA Exfoliating Face Wash! But I've read on blogs that you shouldn't use it daily because it over-exfoliates and dries your skin out so I just use it about three times a week or when I want my skin to look extra glowing that day!

    ReplyDelete

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig