Saturday, December 31, 2011

FAVOURITES: Best of 2011 (The Makeup List)



Hey lovelies! So the year 2011 is going to end in a couple of hours' time and everyone's writing really pensive and wistful entries and statuses. I don't really have much to reflect about... I think?!? Haha. I'm just really, incredibly thankful that I have my loved ones with me and of course, this blog! (:

So just like what a beauty junkie will do, I'm going to mark the end of the year with a 'Best of 2011' entry! :DDD



First up, Missha's M Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 PA+++ in No. 21. I got this at the end of the last year and this is the B.B. cream that I have reached out for the most throughout the year. Though the shade's a little light for me, it gives me sufficient coverage and takes me throughout the day. When I have this on, people always compliment on my seemingly perfect skin. Now, you know my secret! :DDD



Next, we have Vichy's Aera Mineral BB. This is incredibly pricey at $49 but I love how it dries to a very smooth, powdery finish. Again, this is on the light side but this is the only B.B. cream that I own which is hypoallergenic, non-pore clogging, fragrance-free AND paraben-free! This, however, isn't as long-lasting as the Missha one.



Ginvera Green Tea's Green Tea Nude Cover BB Cream SPF 30/ PA++ is the only B.B. cream in my stash that doesn't draw complaints of me looking 'too white' from one of my guy besties (When a guy says that you look good, take note of all the makeup you have applied!). This B.B. cream provides excellent coverage. However, because it's runny, it makes a mess out of the tube, seeping out of it even when it's capped properly.

You can read my review here.



I have been using Too Faced's Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer for the longest time. I like how it goes on oh-so-smooth on my eyelids and just a dot of it keeps my eye makeup looking fresh, even at the end of the day. AND this is cheaper than Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion.



I think I have written enough entries on K-Palette's 24H Real Lasting Eyeliner (Super Black) to convince you of my undying love for it. This liquid eyeliner make my pencil ones sit in the dust for good. The brush is fine and 'sturdy', which makes drawing varying thickness of lines an easy peasy task. No smudging, no flaking, no fading and completely waterproof and there! We have a winner!

You can read all my K-Palette entries here.



Maybelline New York's The Falsies Volum' Express Washable Mascara (Blackest Black) is my latest treasure. This separates and defines lashes nicely, without smudging. Volume, checked. Length, checked. Holy grail status, double checked!

You can read my review here.



NARS' Blush in Sex Appeal was proudly acquired this year and it's a blush which I can all go heavy-handed, without fearing that I look like a clown. This blush adds a natural pink flush to the face to give you the famous makeup-less look. But do take note that this blusher is more suitable for the fairer ladies as the colour is pretty light and may not appear on darker skin tones.



NARS' Blush in Deep Throat is my absolute favourite! I actually like this a lot better than Orgasm. This is the blusher that I use for school, when I want to look all glowing and bursting with health! You can't be too careless when applying this though because it's a lot more pigmented than Sex Appeal.



Bourjois' ASOS Exclusive Limited Edition Vintage Blusher Peach Glow was a blusher which I nearly threw out but decided to keep it just because the words 'exclusive' and 'limited edition' exist in its name. HAHA. But boy! Am I glad to have kept it! I have learnt to love this little pot and I use it when I'm wearing my spects and have light eye makeup on. The brush that comes with it, though looking extremely cute, is scratchy and a big no-no for the skin.

You can read my review here.



Canmake's Highlighter in Baby Beige 05 is a pretty pinkish highlighter that brightens up my face in an instant! The slim brush that comes with it is as soft as pureed clouds. I love it that it's pocket-friendly because it makes great for touch-ups... Which you don't really need. It's totally fab for travels, definitely!

You can read my review here.



Burt's Bees' Lip Shimmers in Nutmeg and Rhubarb are what I use for school. They are pigmented but are unfortunately, a little drying. :\ The brand has since released another collection of Tinted Lip Balms and I will be trying them next (Sephora is having a sale whereby a pack of a Tinted Lip Balm and a Lip Shimmer is going for $19!). But nevertheless, these 2 have served me well throughout the year!



And ladies and gentlemen, presenting you my BEST buy of the year *drum rolls*... Essence of Beauty's Crease Brush Duo! My absolute favourite brush! This fits nicely in my small Asian crease and blends like a dream! Jerlene wrote such a fabulous entry on it that you HAVE to read it! Click here now!!!



A close-up shot of this precious darling!

Here ends my 'Best of 2011' list for makeup! If you have tried any of the above, do let me know your comment about them! And here's wishing my lovely readers a HAPPY 2012!!! May this year be oh-so-fabulous that you can't stop smiling! :DDD

Lots of love,
Charlene J.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig