Monday, December 5, 2011

REVIEW: FreshKon's Alluring Eyes in Winsome Brown

Dad has lovely light brown eyes. Unfortunately, he didn't pass any of those genes to his kids. GLOOM.

However, the proliferation of coloured lenses has made it possible for us to have eyes in all shades of the rainbow! And it isn't just having deep soulful grey or baby blue eyes, there are also lenses that enlarge our irises so that we can look like dolls (Okay, I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing... Dolls are pretty scary. What's your take?)!



During the summer vacay, FreshKon had some discounts going on so I got myself a couple of boxes. Freshkon has several types of cosmetic lenses. In this entry, I'll be reviewing the Alluring Eyes series.

The Alluring Eyes series come in Mystical Black, Winsome Brown, Mesmeric Black and Magnetic Grey. I owned the first two but have since thrown away the black ones so I haven't got any pictures for those. Sorry!



These are monthly contacts and they do not cater to astigmatism. They do, however, cater to those who have perfect eyesight but want to have dolly-like and coloured eyes. (:

These contacts enlarge your irises so that your eyes look bigger and brighter.





The lenses are said to fit easily, with no curling lens problem, and to have defined outline for alluring effect and superior comfort with their hydrophilic surfaces for comfortable wear.



Unfortunately, for me, these lenses are the most uncomfortable things ever. I have worn them for an entire day and throughout the entire time, I was constantly blinking my eyes. After a good two hours or so, my head would start to ache a little.

Aesthetic-wise, they do a pretty good job in giving you eyes that are spilling with youth and innocence. If you look closely, you can actually see an obvious circle right smack in the middle for the pupils. This makes the lenses look a little unnatural. But other than that, sure, you have dolly-like eyes!

The black ones make your eyes look really black and actually, a little soulless... Which is pretty cool to me. Haha.



I still have a few more boxes from the Colors Fusion series. Hopefully, those will be kinder to my eyes. :\
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. That's a shame, I've tried Freshlook Colourblends and they're oh so comfy! Do try them, they're so amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yan ling: Oooh! FreshLook! I'll look into them!!! I think green eyes and raven hair is such a... Hmmm... Powerful combination? Haha!

    ReplyDelete

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig