Sunday, December 18, 2011

REVIEW: Maybelline's The Falsies Volum' Express Washable Mascara (Blackest Black)



There has been so much hype about the Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Washable Mascara (Blackest Black) since its release in the States.

Wrapped up glamourously in a tube the colour of aubergines, this is touted to be THE mascara! 'FALSE LASH GLAM IN A TUBE, INSTANTLY!', says Maybelline New York!



With its patented spoon brush, it promises to give 300% more visible lashes all the way from one corner to the other, with not a single gap!



The mascara also contains pro-keratin formula that builds up volume, without clumping. The flexible wand gets to every lash, lifting and making sure that one is separated from the other so that your lashes look 300% more visible and fuller!



The wand is half the size of CoverGirl's (The one at the bottom.) and it curves slightly. I find that this fits the shape of our eyes better.

Instead of manipulating the wand at strange angles to get at every lash (And risk poking your eyes as a result.), this wands ensures that most of the lashes get coated in just one simple swoop.



It is advised to not let the coats dry in-between to avoid clumping, so I work fast (And furious. Haha!). And yes, I do not experience any clumping at all. :D

I do not curl my lashes as well (For fear that the clumsy oaf in me may rip out my lashes instead.). The formula is light enough to not weigh down the natural curl of my lashes.





Here are some up-close shots of my beautifully-coated lashes!



I disagree with the mascara's claim of 'filling in the gaps'. I think that that can only be done with fibers, which this does not have (My eyes are lined with K-Palette's 24H Real Lasting Eyeliner (Super Black) in the above photos.).

The 'false lash effect' is also a little far-fetched because nothing's going to replace falsies! Haha. BUT this is probably one of the best drugstore mascaras out there. It gives volume and length and the two things that I like about it the most are that it does all that giving, without clumping and it makes sure that each lash is defined beautifully. At the end of the day, there's barely a hint of a smudge! :DDD (CoverGirl, you have got some serious competition going on!)

Lennard helped me purchase this from the States at a real pocket-friendly price of 8 bucks. In Singapore, Watsons is selling this at $20.90. EEPS. I would suggest getting this through sprees, if you haven't run out of all your mascaras ($20.90 can get you TWO mascaras from sprees. With shipping cost included! Jeezus!).
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Great review! I've always been intrigued by their Falsies Volum mascara. Have you tried ZA ImpactLash? I reckon they're as amazing, imho! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yan ling: Thanks! :D I hope it helps you! No, I haven't! But I have a friend on Twitter who keeps raving about ZA mascaras! I'll be checking them out next! :DDD

    ReplyDelete

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig