Sunday, February 12, 2012

REVIEW: Rachel K Cosmetics

Happy Sunday, ladies! This morning, or quite possibly afternoon... By the time you get to read this, I'm reviewing Rachel K Cosmetics. Truthfully, I didn't think of looking at this brand at all ('Beauty Queens' Secrets' sounds a tad gimmicky to me...) until Ru mentioned how much she wanted to try it after reading reviews. It was a really long time back but somehow the incident stayed with me and when, my Missha was running low and I was bored with Ginvera (and my ten million B.B. creams.)... The stars collided and we met.

HAHA. Nah, I just decided to do some swatching on one of my many rounds that I make (weekly? Haha!) in Watsons. I liked what I saw and felt and so, KA-CHING! I got the face products!



Rachel K Cosmetics's Mineral Color Control (CC) Belmish Balm is set to be the new generation of B.B. creams. It is 'formulated to retain the benefits of B.B. cream, with added nourishing ingredients, aimed at providing more effective skin coverage for superior skincare'.



These additional ingredients are

White Tea extract: Absorbs, wakens and neutralizes free radicals. Provides protection from environmental aggressors. Boots immunity of skin. Prevents wrinkling and pigmentation.

Green Tea extract: Rich in antioxidants. Boosts anti-inflammatory and natural disinfecting properties.

Deep Sea Water: Gives resilience and moisture to skin. Allows for better skin permeability.

Macademia Nut Oil: Anti-ageing supplement due to high content of palmitoleic acid, an essential component of human sebum, which is lost with ageing).

Natural Vitamin E: Protects body tissues from breakdown and signs of photo ageing. Aids in reducing the appearance of stretch marks and age spots.

Presence of Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF): Stimulates collagen growth. Speeds up skin regeneration.



The C.C. Cream is housed in a 50ml squeeze tube, which makes for hygienic dispensing of the cream. There are 3 shades; the original one, Neutral and Sunkissed. Mine is in Neutral and it comes out beige, slightly pinkish, with a light, pleasant floral scent. The consistency is quick thick (Certainly not runny, like the Ginvera one. In fact, I haven't come across any B.B. creams that are as runny as the Ginvera one. Click here to read my review!).



I have been using this everyday since I got it in mid-January. I get a pea-sized amount, dot it all over my face and pat it in! And goodness! It blends like a dream! In the photo above, it is actually blended on the left of my arm but you absolutely can't see where it begins and where it ends. It sits incredibly comfortably on the skin too, like you haven't got anything on!

As nothing is perfect, the coverage of the cream is on the light side, much like most B.B. creams. However, it is enough for me to achieve a decent complexion up-close. Two steps away and my skin just looks so darn good!



For those who always thought that I was blessed with flawless skin... TADAHHH! The moment of truth (Why do I sound like I'm so pleased with my imperfect skin?!? Haha.)! The above is my bare skin. I have red patches (When you are two steps away, these ugly red patches morph into healthy, rosy cheeks. *thumbs up and spastic smile*) and pretty large pores. BIG SIGH.



This is with the cream on. It covers up my red patches and pores, pronto! With the cream alone, my complexion is left dewy and much brighter. :D



Rachel K Cosmetics's Mineral Color Control (CC) Pressed Powder is a 4-in-1 makeup foundation; a natural mineral makeup concealer, powder and SPF 15 protection all in one.

Formulated with antioxidants, Organic Shea Butter and Vitamin E, this powder promises to protect the skin whilst providing excellent coverage for a flawless, full-coverage complexion that lasts all day.



The benefits are

Provides excellent sun protection and excellent coverage.
100% hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and non-acnegenic.
Appropriate for all skin types, even for those with hyper-sensitive skin.
Anti-inflammatory properties.
Zinc Oxide helps to calm and soothe irritated skin.
Won't crease or smear during the day.
100% chemically-free, preservatives-free, fragrance-free, talc-free.
Reduced the appearance of ageing.
Ideal for all skin types from oily to hyper-sensitive skin.
Offers a natural look and natural feel.
Long-lasting.



The C.C. Pressed Powder is housed in a palm-sized, 12g container. It is accompanied with a mirror and a sponge. The powder is embossed with the Rachel K Cosmetics logo. Just like the cream, it comes in 3 shades; Fair, Medium and Deep. The powder is fine and it has a light, powdery scent, which I don't quite like. It doesn't matter anyway, because it is hardly noticeable.



As mentioned in my last haul entry (Click here to read it!), the powder complements the cream perfectly to create a flawless, healthy and natural complexion that is matte for at least a good 4 hours (If you prefer a dewy complexion, skip the powder!)!

The shade of the powder is slightly off for me, but over the cream and with a little blending, it looks perfectly fine under natural light. (:





This is me with both the cream and powder on! Flawless much?





And 4 hours on, inclusive of walking under the blazing hot sun from Imbiah Station to Capella Singapore (Because silly me couldn't find the shuttle bus.)!

Last, but not least, the point of me waking up early (In my dictionary.) to review this is because the 'Buy One and Get 50% off on the 2nd Product' is still on at Ngee Ann City's Watsons! Well, at least, it was when I visited Watsons on Friday! I might be going down later to get backups (*in a small voice* Even though I'm loaded with enough face products to last me for the next 3 years...). Heh.

I hope the review was comprehensive enough. If you have any questions, just comment away! (: Happy Sunday again! :DDD
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig