Saturday, December 20, 2014

EMPTIES: Of all sorts for 2014

I'm pretty sure I did a product empties post before, but I can't seem to find the label. Mmhmm. Should probably do this more often, but it's so much trouble trying to keep the empty bottles when you're trying to keep your room 'tidy'. Lol. But anyway, here are some of the products that I have used up this year. Just some of them. Heh.

Nivea's Extra Whitening Cell Repair and Protect Body Milk
What it is: This milk contains concentrated Camu Camu and Acerola Cherry with 50x higher Vitamin C, which translates to 50x whitening power, and helps to repair the 10 signs of dull and damaged skin; dark spots, rough, itchy, flaky, cracked, tight, dry, dull, uneven, accumulated dull and sun-damaged skin. It also has UVA and UVB filters to prevent skin from re-darkening and has Hydra IQ which provides non-stop 24h+ moisture and reveals smoother skin within 14 days of regular use.

What I think: OMG, I had this for the longest time. It just refused to be used up. Lol. I bought this mainly to use it at night, after finishing my Nivea Body UV Whitening Serum SPF25 PA++. I like that it is lightweight and absorbs into the skin easily. But the whitening properties are not quite evident. It's probably because I'm rather fair already (Or so I have been told. But I don't think I am...), but anyway, I didn't get any darker when I was using this. So it's good for maintenance purposes for me, I suppose! I won't repurchase this again though, just because I have so many other lotions and this didn't really stand out.

Lush's Roots Hair Treatment
What it is: Infused with fresh mint and peppermint and spearmint oils, this hair and scalp treatment revitalizes the scalp, so that healthy hair starts at the roots. Extra virgin oil and honey soften and condition hair to make it shine without weighing it down. It gives dull, fine and thin hair volume and shine.

What I think: I use this so irregularly that I can't really comment on the shine. And I don't have fine and thin hair... So I shouldn't have bought this. LOL. I believe I told the SA that I wanted something to combat loss of hair (Stressful period, aye.). Hahaha. But anything that has peppermint needs to be in my toilet. Anyway, it does really make my scalp feel really good and 'awake' after each use. I really love the scent of it and how the ingredients are mostly natural. I might just repurchase this when I have extra moolah!

Fresh's Sugar Face Polish
What it is: This nourishing exfoliant is made with pure brown sugar and strawberry seeds. It refines and hydrates for a more radiant complexion.

What I think: I first came across this facial scrub in Catherine Walsh's Into the Gloss interview. I just love how Catherine looks; that silver pixie crop and matte red lipstick... That's what I'm having when I'm older. Anyway, this scrub is so good for my parched cheeks. I haven't got poreless skin like Catherine's BUT my skin just feels so healthy, soft and plump with moisture after using it. I usually leave it on for like half an hour or more. Haha. It's quite pricey so I usually stock up during Sephora's member sales. (:

Decléor's Aroma Confort Moisturizing Milk
What it is: Suitable for all skin types, this moisturizer envelops the skin in a comforting and protective layer of moisture. It re-hydrates the skin, improves skin's elasticity and firmness, enhancing the overall appearance of the skin and giving it a velvety smoothness.

What I think: This was an okay moisturizer. It did make my skin soft and smooth, but so do other moisturizers. I like how light it felt though.

Lancôme's Miracle Eau de Parfum
What I think: This is actually my scent when I was in upper secondary school and JC. And I used to 'bathe' in it; I sprayed on so much that my friends could locate where I was just by sniffing. Haha. A friend mentioned that I smelled like sunshine. Haha. I just like it because it was feminine but it wasn't overwhelming. And I like that I smelled like sunshine. :D

DKNY's Be Delicious Eau de Parfum
What I think: Mum got me this for Christmas and then, got me another bottle when she was at the airport and then, I got myself one at a sale. Lol. I love how refreshing and fruity this smells, but I wish it was a little stronger and lasted a little longer.

Weleda's Indulgent Body Lotion Kit
What it is: This starter kit is a convenient way to sample each body lotion and is perfect for travelling. Each formulation is distinguished by its holistic approach to stimulating and inspiring the body, mind and soul to achieve inner balance and boost one's own natural beauty. For a quick reference, (from left to right) Wild Rose Pampering Body Lotion - normal to dry skin, Pomegranate Regeneration Body Lotion - maturing skin, Citrus Hydrating Body Lotion - normal skin and Sea Buckthorn Replenishing Body Lotion - dry skin.

What I think: I came across this brand on Vivawoman and many Into the Gloss interviews, and so decided to get this kit on iHerb when it was available (It's perpetually OOS.). The body lotions make simple, fuss-free moisturizers and their scents are sooo good, calming and relaxing that I go to bed with the happiest thoughts.

Caudalíe's Beauty Elixir
What it is: Inspired by Queen Isabelle of Hungary’s elixir of youth, this powerful plant based anti-dull complexion treatment smooths away fine lines, tightens pores and gives the complexion an instant boost of radiance.

What I think: Haha. I really just bought this for fun, during one of Sephora's member sales. It was refreshing and minty, yes. But after going through 2 small bottles of it, I still didn't see any visible effects? Haha. I'm so hopeless with facial sprays anyway.

VMV Hypoallergenics's Id Monolaurin Gel
What it is: This gel is packed with a unique, skin-safe, coconut-derived antibacterial called monolaurin. It can be used as a treatment for sweat acne on the face, chest, back, arms, posterior, thighs etc., disinfects skin. and works as a mattifier to control shine and keep skin feeling cool and fresh.

What I think: Do you see those 2 bottles?!? Haha. I LOVE THIS GEL TO BITS. It really helps with back acne and works great as a deodorant, without drying out the skin too drastically. Some nights, I apply this on my face but the alcohol does bother me a little. But yes, I love this and have a backup bottle in my stash!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig