Sunday, March 24, 2013

REVIEW: K-Palette's 24H Real Lasting Eyeliner (Super Black)

I have been a huge fan of K-Palette since 2010 (Click here to read my very first entry!) and one of my favourite products is the 24H Real Lasting Eyeliner (Super Black). So I was both thrilled and curious when Relle from Japalang emailed me about the eyeliner's 2nd generation. Thrilled because well, I'm a beauty junkie and curious because I mean, the 1st version is already so perfect! How does one actually improve on that?!?

Turned out that it was possible (Japanese technology is top-notch. Why did I even doubt it?!?). The new formula ensures that the eyeliner dries instantly upon application, which is awesome because you know how when you are waiting for the eyeliner to dry and all of a sudden, your nose twitches and you NEED to sneeze or like when your eyes get itchy and you NEED to blink? The eyeliner always gets smudged inevitably! Always. So thank you, K-Palette!

Besides that, the new formula is also a stronger nemesis of water, sweat and sebum and has been infused with Hyaluronic Acid Na, water-soluble Collagen and Swertia Japonica Essence to condition and protect your delicate eye areas during and after application.

And unlike its predecessor which required makeup remover, all you need is warm water to remove the eyeliner. Pretty cool, eh? :D

The brush is pretty much the same as its predecessor (Maybe just a teeny weeny bit thinner, if I were to scrutinize really hard.). The firmness is the same and the lines drawn are of the same thickness. Physically, nothing has changed much which is good; brands are always improving on perfection and then, it becomes not-so-perfect anymore. So yay! Good job on keeping the brush the same, K-Palette!

And here's how thick, thin and black the lines you can draw with the eyeliner! :D The above shot of this little face was taken after running it under cold water and drying it with a towel. No bleeding, no smudging. At all. Awesome much? :D

I have been using this for two weeks now and I love it more than I did with the old one. I have the tendency to blink my eyes at weird timings so it's very often that I mucked up my eyeliner during application. But with the new formula, I can blink without cursing myself right after application. It dries THAT quickly! And just like the old one, I didn't encounter any irritations, smudging, flaking and fading during the times I had the eyeliner on and I removed it easily with Bioderma's Créaline H2O. And yes, I could remove it with just warm water too! :D

I can't say much about the new formula being a better fighter against water, sweat and sebum because the old one was already more-than-splendid to begin with. But yes, as mentioned earlier, there wasn't any smudging throughout the day (Just like the old one!) even though my eyelids are pretty oily. I don't think the effects of the conditioning ingredients will be very obvious but I'm glad that they were included, just to maintain the health of my skin around those areas.

K-Palette's 24H Real Lasting Eyeliner (Super Black) is one improvement on 'perfection' that I welcome and will repurchase FOREVER (Cue: Dramatic music.). Haha. It's available at selected Watsons and Sasa outlets at $19.90. (:

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hi! Is the eyeliner waterproof?

    http://shikinkikin.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shikin (: Yep, it is! But do take note that K-Palette has both the waterproof and non-waterproof versions. Buy the one that says 'WP' at the bottom! (:

      Delete

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig