Wednesday, March 20, 2013

TAG: 32 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Me!

Earlier today, I was tagged by Jade and decided to work on it immediately, lest I forget (Which is usually the case. :\). Jade's actually one of the first few bloggers I got to know when I was starting out, though we haven't met offline. I think I actually got to know Juliet through Jade (All the J's. Haha.). :DDD But anyway, do check out Jade's blog here (She did a really inspiring post on her weight loss. (: )!

-

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
It's naturally wavy and wiry, just like Dad's. Haha. I have it straightened every 6 months so that it's easier to maintain. I had it permed once last year but uhhh... I didn't like it too much so it was gone in a blink!

2. What's your natural hair colour?
Jet black!

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
Myself! Hair is always growing so I can't quite justify the money spent at salons (Except for straightening!). BUT then, my hair never looks like it has been dyed, though it isn't as black as it used to be. Haha.

4. Do you wear the same style every day or do you change it?
Okay, I'm an extremely lazy person so yes, I wear the same style every day. It's too warm in Singapore anyway, to dress up. BUT work is starting soon so I have to bid my tees and shorts goodbye and dress like an actual adult.

5. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
My own. Again, can't justify the money spent because I muck up pretty nails real quickly! I'm just not a very careful person. Except maybe when it comes to Math (I just had to throw this in because...)

6. How often do you change your nail polish?
It really depends on my mood! When I was still in school, I would change it like 3 times a month (Each lasting a week. The 4th week is for resting.) just to keep things cheerful. But now, I'm like... Really lazy. And I'm usually in an air-conditioned room so all the fumes get stuck inside. I don't actually die from them (Oh, who knows!) but I do feel like I am. It's like inhaling cigarette smoke.

7. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
Okay, there's only scorching summer here but oh gosh! The last time I painted my toes was when I was 19! I don't bother with them anymore because no one's gonna see them (Like Jade, I'm always in flats!) and they are really difficult to paint! And you know, it's like you don't actually do anything with your toes but mine likes to like overlap each other after I paint them. So they get mucked up too. Joy.

8. How long does it take for you to put on your makeup?
For everyday makeup, it's less than 10 minutes because I just put on foundation (with SPF) and a tinted lip balm. If it's for an event, probably about half an hour because taking my time prevents mistakes.

9. What do you do first, face or eyes?
Face! I tried doing my eyes first but it was just too weird. It was like I put on my clothes wrongly. I suspect it's because of all those writing exercises I did for Chinese characters. Like for the character for country, you can't close the 'box' unless you have done the strokes inside because even if the outcome is the same, it's still wrong.

10. Do you 'collect' makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
I used to! Omg, you have no idea how much I spent! Urban Decay will be the 'death' of me with all their limited edition palettes. But now that I'm all grown up (Ahem!) and a tad more 'mature', I try to restrain myself as much as possible. I spend more on skincare now.

11. How often do you wear false eye lashes?
Whenever there's an event or when I conduct my own 'photoshoot'. False eye lashes really glam things up. A lot. I mean, even if you haven't got much eyeshadows or blushers on, false lashes can still make you fabulous.

12. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
Nope, Singapore is way too warm for that. Just foundation, with SPF, and a tinted lip balm.

13. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone, or with family?
Nope! It's important to let your skin breathe. Besides, my family (Includes you, M!) is supposed to like me as I am blah blah blah. Haha. Okay, truth is I'm too lazy to paint my face everyday.

14. Will you leave the house without makeup?
It's important to have sunblock on and it's just so much easier to use it in powder form so I never leave the house without my foundation (Which is in powder form and has SPF in it.).

15. How many high-end products do you have?
Hmmm... Probably about 10? Mostly SK-II products. I'm using only 3 of them right now. The rest are backups.

16. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
Nooooo, I never plan my OOTD in advance! I always try to make a decision about an hour and a half before I leave the house, giving myself half an hour to decide and iron (The hour's for showering and makeup.). BUT it is NEVER half an hour so I'm always 'late'. :\ I only arrive 'early' because most of my friends are usually later than me. Hahaha.

(The only 2 friends who are almost never late are Juliet and Fel. I try to get ready 2 hours before for them. Haha.)

17. How often do you change your handbag?
Uhhh... I don't really change bags. How do I say this? Hmmm... I have bags for different occasions. My Jay Jays' Superman bag is for casual outings. I have a Cotton On black bag for gym. The little Tony Bianco grey bag that Cheryl got me is for events. M gave me a yellow Charles & Keith bag for my birthday last year so that will be my work bag. And yeah... All that I transfer over are my wallet, my Marc Jacobs pencil case, umbrella, tissue papers and wet tissue papers.

18. What time do you get up and go to sleep?
Last night I slept at 12am and got up at 6am, only to go back to sleep at 10am and wake up at 12pm. Heh. It's a very strange sleeping pattern but I'm trying this new thing called 'sleeping early' but then, my body clock just gets totally messed up. Like waking up at 6am, which is splendid for work but then, I start getting sleepy around 9.30am so I'm gonna be in trouble next week.

19. How often or when do you work out?
2-3 times a week! I go for Step Aerobics and Spinning classes. Join a gym, people! I swear that it isn't a waste of money. Unless you're a Chandler.

20. Left handed or right-handed?
I don't work my left brain. ):

21. How tall are you?
5'3".

22. Do you speak a foreign language?
I studied French I and II and Japanese I in university but I don't practise them anymore. My Mandarin's really basic and I do understand some dialects. I can say "I am hungy.", "Butt's red.", "No." and "I don't know." in Teochew. Haha.

23. How many pets do you have?
Nuh uh. No pets at all. I had 3 terrapins when I was 13/ 14 but they were so smelly they stunk up my whole house. I had them for a week before I gave them to my cousin because everyone in my family couldn't stand it (Me included.). The stench infiltrated the whole house and I bathed and changed the water EVERYDAY. I don't find kittens or puppies cute. I don't dislike them. I just don't feel anything towards animals. Maybe, except for the hippos (We had to file A LOT in primary school and I really hated punching holes. It was so much of a hassle. You had to fold before you could punch. And then, the stupid hole puncher was like so small you could only punch like 5 sheets. Cute and innocent me thought the hippos could help me with it.).

24. How often are you on Blogger (or your other blog platform)?
Every single day. Even if I don't blog, I'll be on my Dashboard, checking out blogs I follow. It's like my Tumblr.

25. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Sometimes!

26. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
I usually take a screenshot on my iPhone but I have like 1,200+ photos so they always get buried and lost. But that's alright. I find things to try quite easily.

27. How did you come up with your blog name?
My parents actually came up with it. Haha. It's my name!

28. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
I usually use a Canon PowerShot S100 for events. And for my own little 'photoshoots' at home, I use a Canon EOS 600D because I can swivel the screen. But really, my iPhone camera is like a hell lot better.

29. How often do you clean your house?
Like once in a long, long, long while? Heh.

30. What is your favourite colour?
I haven't really got one. I used to like brown because I was in Brown House in primary school. Then, it was green in secondary school because my uniform was green. But I didn't quite fancy the blue that my JC uniform was in, so that kinda stopped the favourite-colour-because-of-school trend. I just feel that I have to be 'loyal' to my House and schools... But I really didn't like my JC's blue because it was too pale and washed out. Anyway, I think we should be fair to all colours, really. They can't defend themselves so we shouldn't like one more than the other. Other than black because it absorbs heat and that kills in Singapore. So go free with the hatred!

31. Do you swear?
Yes, I do. Though I have cut down a WHOLE lot because M doesn't like it and I'm like almost a quarter of century old already. I feel too old to swear.

32. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Watching telly. Haha. I watch so much of it that one day, my eye balls will just roll out. I read very little... Like celebrity gossip, upcoming movie reviews, recaps on shows that I have watched (Some are really hilarious!). Oh yes! Am currently obsessed with Battle Cats on the iPhone now. Haha.

-

So yes, you are now 32 steps closer to knowing me. Haha. Thanks for the tag, Jade! Passing the baton on to Fel, Joey, Yvette, Eliza and Ru! :D

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Absolutely fabulous post!! :D Had so much fun reading your answers - I didn't know you knew Juliet through me, heh. :)

    I love that your hair is jet black! Not many girls retain their natural hair colour (or have jet black hair) nowadays.

    I totally get what you mean by overlapping toes - mine do that too, and it's soooo frustrating! No matter how I try to separate them, they overlap. Haha! I like a good gel mani though - they dry before I can ruin them.

    By the way, you take really great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jade!!! Aww, thank you and thank you for tagging me! I had reading yours too and answering the questions. :D If I remembered it right, we both commented on your status and it was like, we met the week before at a Vichy event but just managed some small talk in between breaks.

      Haha, yes I know! Mum told me to cherish it but I was so desperate to lighten it when I was in JC (Without hitting the salons.). Haha. It's still a black now, but less deep.

      I give up on pedicures totally, salons or homemade. Haha. Gels are a good alternative! But aye, you can't change the colours as often as you like. :\

      And thank you!!! That really means a lot to me. (: Have a good week, Jade! :D

      Delete
  2. Lolx... I guess I'm like Chandler.... :b

    ReplyDelete

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig