Monday, June 3, 2013

REVIEW: Elizabeth Arden's Visible Whitening Multi-Targeted UV Shield BB Cream SPF 30 PA++

I received a sample of Elizabeth Arden's Visible Whitening Multi-Targeted UV Shield BB Cream SPF 30 PA++ in my April Vanity Trove. This B.B. cream is part of the brand's Visible Whitening range, which utilizes the SpectraBright whitening technology to tackle all 5 stages of melanin production. The range also contains ingredients like Diamond Powder, Pearl Powder, optical diffusers, Vitamin C derivatives and Olive tree extract.

The B.B. cream is a daytime beauty balm that protects your skin from the sun's harmful rays. At the same time, it also moisturizes and brightens your skin in an instant.

The B.B. cream comes out pretty watery, with pink undertones. It glides across the skin smoothly and easily. It dries to a dewy finish, sitting very light on my skin. Coverage is on the light side. It has a rather strong, artificial floral scent that I don't quite like but I can't detect it when it's on my face. For reference, a makeup artist matched me to M.A.C NC15 and the B.B. cream in Shade 01 fits me perfectly.


photos from here and here.


photos from here.

I used the B.B. cream in the above two photoshoots and I love how porcelain it made my skin look... For the first couple of hours. :\ After that, it settled and pooled in my pores and was a complete mess up-close. Also, on both applications, it stung my face upon application and only went away after a rather long while. Please take note that I used neither a primer nor any powder before and after application.

I think the Elizabeth Arden's Visible Whitening Multi-Targeted UV Shield BB Cream SPF 30 PA++ would be great if you're looking for a high-end B.B. cream that helps to brighten and protect your non-sensitive skin. Those who are my fellow equator residents... You may want to use a primer and a powder to help the B.B. cream last longer. For those who aren't brand-conscious and are alright with fragrances and parabens being in your products, I think Missha's Perfect Cover B.B Cream SPF40 PA+++ would be a better way to spend your moolah.

Sorry, Elizabeth Arden! You didn't work for me this time round. ):

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig