Friday, August 20, 2010

REVIEW: Cure Natural Aqua Gel

Just like the K-Palatte’s 24H Real Lasting Eyeliner, I promoted this at Northpoint. Please note that this review is my idea and that I am no longer affiliated with the company that I was working for.


I got my bottle (Click to see my yellow wall! It's gonna be gone soon! Haha!) from a Livejournal seller for $27. (:


What is Cure?
Cure is a facial scrub sans the microbeads, making it very gentle!

What is Cure made of?
Cure is made of 90% activated hydrogen water and 10% moisturizing ingredients. The moisturizing ingredients are ones that are used in most moisturizers in the market. There are no preservatives, fragrances or colourings. (:

How is Cure more superior to the other facial scrubs? I mean, there are a gazillion scrubs in the market!
Most of the gazillion scrubs in the market have microbeads. When using microbeads on your skin, there’s abrasion. Too much of that and it’s going to be really bad for your skin. Cure doesn’t have any microbeads at all! (:

If Cure doesn’t have any microbeads, how does it get rid of my dead skin?
Though it doesn’t have any microbeads, Cure reacts with the skin upon contact. As you gently rub it, the dead skin comes out in the form of white particles!

What does Cure smell like?
No fragrances are added! (:

But it HAS to smell of something?!?
Umm… Well, I can’t describe the scent, but it’s a pleasant one alright. (:

So do I still need a facial cleanser after this?
Cure isn’t a facial cleanser. It’s a scrub and its job is to get rid of dead skin. Use a facial cleanser first. Pat your face dry and then, use Cure. (:

Do I need to wash it off with my cleanser after using Cure?
Nope, you don’t need to. Just rinse off with water!

Umm… Nothing is coming out?!? Where are the white particles?
Are you using it on wet skin? It has to be on dry skin in order for it to be effective. If you’re using it on dry skin, it could be that your skin’s already very moisturized. Yay! (:

Umm… Cure made my skin go red!!!
You might have rubbed too vigorously is. Be gentle! (: (I know because I was too zealous in getting rid of my dead skin initially! Heh. The redness went away after a while. (: )

Ehhh… Maybe the white particles are from Cure itself? Are you trying to cheat me?!?
Haha. No no. A friend tried it on the table’s surface, using the base of the bottle to rub it (Any contact with skin and you’re going to get the white particles!) and none of the white particles appeared!

Isn't it kind of like Ginvera's Marvel Gel?
Haha. Yes, it is. And yes, I have tried the (old) Marvel Gel... Back when I was 14? Haha. I can't say how the two compare with each other since I haven't touched Marvel Gel for aeons! I think Marvel Gel's main function is to get rid of blackheads and well, I remembered that it didn't (Hence, I stopped using it.). Sorry that I'm not of much help in this area but here's a review of the Marvel Gel. (:
I guess the the important thing to note is that Cure is made of 90% activated hydrogen water and 10% moisturizing ingredients. No preservatives, fragances and colourings are added to it. (:

So after using Cure, could I continue with my skincare regime?
Absolutely!!! (: Toner, moisturizer…

Do I use Cure every day?
Nope, you don’t. Use it just twice a week. Your skin takes about 28 days to renew itself. (:

I have sensitive skin. ): Could I still use it?
I have sensitive skin too! So the answer is yes!!! (: Just make sure that you rub it GENTLY.

I have eczema. Could I still use it?
For medical problems and allergies, I will advise you to seek a doctor’s opinion. (:

Is Cure the cure (Haha. I just had to say that!) to my acne, blackheads etc.?!?
Cure isn't a medicated product. It isn't meant to treat acne, blackheads etc.. However, it does get rid of dead skin. Accumulation of dead skin clogs up pores and this is one of the reason why you get zits. In the long run, Cure's going to help but it is NOT a treatment for acne, blackheads etc..

So Cure’s just basically for my face?
Oh no! It can be used on every part of your body. Except the eye areas, of course! Try it on your elbows and heels! There were several customers who told me they use Cure more for their elbows and heels than their faces!

How much does a bottle of Cure cost?
$42.

Hmm… Cure used to cost only $38 right?
Haha. Yes, it did but that was the introductory price when it was first brought into Singapore. The Japanese Company that produces Cure doesn’t believe in advertising or price reductions. Everything’s by word-of-mouth. (:

Last question… I’m a guy so…
I had male customers buying 2 bottles of Cure at one shot. (:

Hold on a minute! Where can I get this?
Oh oops! I nearly forgot! Watsons or Nishino Pharmacy (Isetan Scotts, basement).

But $42 is really, really, really a lot… And I’m not sure if Cure is all that good *skeptical look*…
Haha. Get a sample of Cure! (: Watsons and Nishino Pharmacy do give out samples of Cure! Or you can get it from Beauty Carousel. (:

Okay. Last, last question. How long does Cure last?
One year after opening. (:

I tried to make this review as comprehensive as I could by including most of the questions which customers posed to me. I hope it helps you. (:

Thanks for reading, Muffins! (:
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. wah thanks for this! it answered all the questions I have. I tried this at watsons before. The sample always run out one! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad it did! Haha. Yeah! We sold many bottles during the roadshow!

    ReplyDelete

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig