Monday, August 9, 2010

ROUTINE: Skincare (Part 1)

Hi Muffins (:

Recently, Roseanne talked about her nightly skincare routine. She asked her readers to leave a comment on their own skincare routine and I thought I do a write-up on mine instead. Thus, for this week, I'll be covering my skincare routine in 3 parts (I haven't got THAT many steps. It's just that I'll be doing pictorial entries. Doing the entire thing at one shot will be quite 'taxing'. :\)

I haven't got perfect skin. In fact, as I have mentioned before, I used to be plagued with acne. I visited a dermatologist for a good one year or so. But other than the antibiotics, the topical products which I used (and am still using) were pretty much self-prescribed.

Almost all of the products that I'll be introducing have been part of my regime since 6 years (and counting) ago. I use mostly drugstore products as... Well, I'm a student on a budget. Haha. But these products, though not absurdly expensive (Price does not equal to quality!), work wonderfully for me.

However, do remember that what works for others may not work for you. Whatever remedies that you read over the internet or hear from others, please approach them with caution (Once, I followed an online regime blindly and got 'burned'. I ended up with scabs all over my face!)!

If you have very serious acne, I will advise you to consult a dermatologist instead of trying to self-medicate. The process of finding a cure may take a long time, which can lead to scarring. Also, it may yield no results at all. ):

I have rambled way too much (Again!). Here's my morning skincare routine.


The first thing that I do when I wake up is to drink a glass of water. Mum's friend, who used to be a model, said that doing so actually detoxifies your body and gives you rosy cheeks (He actually said to drink 2 glasses but it's way too much for me. If you are just starting out, take small gulps.). I do have rosy cheeks but I'm not sure if they are remnants of my bad skin. Haha. Also, the detoxifying bit... I'm not sure how true it is but it doesn't hurt to do this so... I just do it! Haha. I have been doing this since I was 14. (:

If you have any questions, leave a comment and I'll get back to you asap. (:

Thanks for reading!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig