Thursday, April 14, 2011

RAMBLINGS: Truth be told, I AM an old soul.

Yesterday, a friend talked about the weather (Through SMS.). No, it wasn't the 'How are you? The weather's really nice, aye?" kind. It was the 'The rain has all types of deep feelings attached to it.' kind and no, those weren't his words. He's a budding lawyer, so yes. The words he used were far more... Intellectual. But I'm going to keep those words for myself, except for a few (Read on.).

His description was cliché. Okay, really. Any description that has 'moon and stars' thrown into it is cliché to me (Someone once told me that my eyes were like the stars. He really meant it but I just couldn't bring myself to feel his sincerity. Yeah, I did laugh. It was a fortunate thing that he did it through SMS. Just because I would have laughed into his face. Or just plain freaked out.).

Anyway, I told him that he has an old soul, thinking about stuff like that. And right after I said that, I realized that I used to think about stuff like that too. Beginning on a book like 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' did nothing but 'compound' the situation, whatever the situation is.
-

In secondary school, just before I made my way to lala land, I thought. A LOT. I thought about life, how claustrophobic it was; about people; how sad it was to have people walked into your life and then, walk right out and I thought of ways so that I could 'keep' them (Facebook, I love you.), about superficiality, about how I wish everything was exactly as it was presented at face value... I liked to just soak in the moment for all that it was worth and try and etch that moment deep in my head and asked myself 'A year later, when I recall this moment, I wonder where I will be, what I will be like...'.

I still remembered the moment when I was on Bus 31, en route to Tanah Merah Station. It was just after the 'O' levels and I asked myself the aforementioned question. And after the 'A' levels, I was on the same road and I thought about that moment... And it was just really, really, really cool (Though I thought that the 'O' levels me would have scoffed at my 'A' levels self for being so... Weak and felt pretty down.)!
-

Alrighty. I'm off to figure out the change of variables for multiple integrals. Sounds profound, aye? Haha.

And I didn't know that the songs mentioned in 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' were real.

"... put my head under the pillow and let the quiet put things where they are supposed to be."
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig