Tuesday, April 5, 2011

REVIEW: Vichy's Essentielles Skincare Range

Last month (Doesn't time fly... *faints*), I was provided with the Vichy Essentielles Skincare range for review. As aforementioned, this goes way back to the basics. The range ensures that our skin's daily needs are completely taken care off, without targeting any particular skin problem.

Here are the ingredients which make up the core of this skincare range:

Rose Gallica/ French Rose: Besides having soothing, protecting and hydrating properties, it helps skin to reveal its glow. The French Rose also contains proteins called Polyphenols, which help to protect against external aggressions.

Glycerin: This helps to retain moisture and is used in most moisturizers.

Shea Butter (present in Facial Cream, Facial Emulsion and Body Cream-Milk): Its oil soothes and protects against external aggressions, with its nourishing and emollient properties.

Vichy Thermal Spa Water: This water is used in all Vichy's products. It helps to soothe and fortify the skin.





Essentielles Softening Shower, 200ml ($12.90)
This shower gel contains Polyphenols and is hypoallergenic and paraben-free and gawd! Does it smell HEAVENLY! It's like rose syrup! I feel exactly like a princess using this. Heh. It doesn't help that the bottle's pretty in pink!

The gel lathers well and you really only need a small amount. It leaves my skin feeling soft and nicely moisturized.





Essentielles Body Cream-Milk, 200ml ($14.90)
The cream-milk contains Shea Butter and just like the gel, is hypoallergenic and paraben-free. This is my favourite product out of the entire range. The top part of my back was dry from the acne medication that I was using, and I have been drowning it with all sorts of moisturizers. But they didn't quite work. The cream-milk, however, cured it! The skin on my back feels really soft now.

I slather this on at night and in the morning, my skin's still feeling all moisturized and happy. I'll repurchase this once I'm done with it. Oh! The smell isn't as lovely as the gel but there's is still a hint of the rose scent. (:





Essentielles Foaming Cleanser, 100ml ($11.90)
The cleanser contains Glycerin and can double up as a makeup remover as well. And you guessed it! It's hypoallergenic and paraben-free as well. (:

For me, this didn't manage to remove all my makeup. Hmm... I really do think that to remove makeup, you need a makeup remover. Cleansers just don't cut it. This cleanser lathers well, and like the others, a little goes a long way. However, I may have been so used to Cetaphil that this comes across as a little too drying for me. :\





Essentielles Facial Emulsion, 50ml ($16.90)
The emulsion contains Shea Butter and Allantoin. The latter comes from the roots of comfrey and it helps to repair, soften, moisturize and calm damaged skin.

This moisturizer does a splendid job in moisturizing my skin but I do find it a tad heavy for usage in the day. My skin's of the oily type and this range is specifically made for those who haven't got any skin problems so there is a little mismatch. I was informed of this during my skin analysis with Vichy. (:

So tell me... What is one product out of this range that I HAVE to try?
The Body Cream-Milk. It got rid of the dry patch on my back that other moisturizers couldn't! (:
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig