Thursday, April 21, 2011

REVIEW: Vichy's Bi-WHITE REVEAL Skincare Range



So last month, I embarked on my journey to become Snow White with Vichy's Bi-WHITE Reveal Skincare Range. And golly! I do believe that I am a step closer to being said princess *twirls*.



Product: Bi-WHITE REVEAL Double Corrective Whitening Deep Cleansing Foam
Active Ingredients: Ceramide White and LHA.
Claims to: Decrease skin cells' pigmentation load and exfoliates melanin-filled dead cells accumulated on the surface.
Packaging: Squeeze tube (50ml)
I say: I'm very particular about my cleansers. I don't like the squeaky-clean feeling because it makes me feel like my skin has been stripped of all its oil. So far, I have sworn by Cetaphil. ONLY. But that is changing.

The Bi-WHITE REVEAL cleanser comes out as a white liquid. It smells clinical, but it isn't smelly or anything like that. I don't exactly like the smell but I don't hate it either. It just smells very clinical, very clean. Though the tube's really small (My Cetaphil cleansers have all been HUGE.), you really just need a pea-sized amount. The cleanser foams easily and I use it with my Clarisonic MIA. After washing it off, I don't get the too-clean feeling and that's why I'm loving this a lot! :D



Product: Bi-WHITE REVEAL Double Corrective Whitening Lotion
Active Ingredients: Ceramide White, LHA and Vitamin CG.
Claims to: Decrease skin cells' pigmentation load and exfoliates melanin-filled dead cells accumulated on the surface.
Packaging: Bottle (200ml)
I say: I pour a little of this on a wad of cotton wool and then, go over my entire face. The white liquid is thicker than most toners but is absorbed into the skin very easily. Hmm... I don't really have much to say about the toner. Before this, toners weren't part of my skincare regime. I used Clean & Clear's toner throughout my teenage years and the alcohol in it always hit my nose sharply. This one doesn't. (:



Product: Bi-WHITE REVEAL Double Corrective Whitening Cream (Night)
Active Ingredients: Ceramide White, LHA, Vitamin CG, Vitamin E, Diakalite/ Titane and Vichy Thermal Spa Water.
Claims to: Contains pure extracts from 5 natural oils for a nightly cell-recharge of the skin.
Packaging: Tub (50ml)
I say: I apply a thin layer of the white cream over my face, save for my nose, after using a serum from VICCAL. The cream stings a little upon application but it goes away quickly. It is absorbed into the skin quickly and I wake up to wonderfully moisturized skin! (:

(I don't apply moisturizers of any sort on my nose because well, it's a bed for blackheads. I usually apply acne medication on it.)



Product: UV Pro Secure Daily Ultra-Block Fluid SPF40 PA+++ (Combination to Oily Skin
Active Ingredients: Mexoryl SX, Mexoryl XL, Parsol MCX, Titanium Dioxide, Vitamin E, Procystein, Diakalyte, Zincadone, Glycerine, Vichy Thermal Spa Water.
Claims to: Penetrates quickly into the skin to give a fresh and matte complexion all day long.
Packaging: Squeeze tube (30ml)
I say: I started using this product only a week ago (The above products have been used for more than a month.). The fluid goes onto the skin easily. It does leave a very thin white layer on my skin because I appear fairer upon application. But it isn't the white cast that you get from some sunblocks and sunscreens. It's natural and it makes me look more radiant. I don't see the matte effect though. My skin oils up as per normal.


Overall: I do DEFINITELY appear fairer than before! I was talking to the sister in the toilet the other day (I have no idea why we were having a conversation in the toilet, of all places...) and I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I was like "OH GOSH. I LOOK SO FAIR!!!", to which, of course, was met with eye-rolling from the sister. No thanks to the approaching exams, my skin is looking a little sad but it is more radiant! :DDD

Do let me know if you have any questions! Thanks for reading! (:
SHARE:

4 comments

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig