Saturday, January 7, 2012

RAMBLINGS: When Harry Met Sally

I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

- Harry Burns


I can't quite remember how I did my quotes in previous entries. The fact that the way in which I did them may be different (No, they are definitely different.) irks me but I'm too lazy to dig through old entries. The inner clashes of one personality. If that makes any sense.

Anyway, I decided to end tonight with a chick flick, something which I haven't done so in a really long while. So I googled chick flicks and got a few, 'Gone With The Wind' (Which is a whooping 3-hour long movie. I'm probably never gonna watch that because my attention span for slow things is that short.), 'Sabrina' (Which is a black and white movie and I love colours.) and the more recent (As compared with the other two.) 'When Harry Met Sally'.

Truthfully, the movie was a tad too slow and boring for me. Guess vampires and wolves took the fun out of everything, which makes things a little sad. I hope I can learn to appreciate slow things again. BUT (There's always a but.)... Right before the movie ends and even though Billy Crystal isn't Clark-Gable gorgeous, he says this amazing chunk of words and it makes the whole movie so friggin' sweet. It's almost diabetic, actually. Oh gawd. *throws pink flowers everywhere*
-

'The Vampire Diaries' returned yesterday (Or the day before) and SPOILER ALERT! Damon finally kissed Elena! F-I-N-A-L-L-Y! Took them long enough. I was actually hoping Elena would kiss him first because then, it would make the kiss more potent but ack! No such luck. But I guess it's more romantic when the guy does the whole kissing business first.

Oh whatever. But I do love Damon a whole lot more now. As for Stefan and Bonnie, as annoying as always... Bonnie is such a flat character. AND WHY DIDN'T WE SEE CAROLINE IN THIS EPISODE? Or maybe she did appear... I'm getting a little mixed up because I have started re-watching the entire drama. Gets a little boring though.
-

Tomorrow's going to be a day with Howard Schultz. I started on 'Onward' ten thousand years ago and have yet to complete it. I'm hoping I can cover the entire book before school starts. I have to! Whether I can finish the book or not will depend on how deep my loyalty for Starbucks runs (cue: Dramatic music.).

Haven't rambled in ages and the above felt really good. Alrighty. It's gonna be an early night for me (As early as it can be anyway.). Gawd! I do miss rambling! Okay, tullah! :D

P.S.: Oh! I read 'Norwegian Wood' and gawd! And I hated it. I don't know if it's because I didn't read it deeply enough or it's because I truly hated it. But it's like all Japanese books have the same formula; someone has this really massive emotional baggage, the protagonist tries to reach out to her (Usually, it's a her. Based on the 5 Japanese books that I have read. I think it's 5.) and he (Usually, it's a he.) always fails and then, she dies or goes away without leaving a SINGLE HINT to her enigma. It's so... UGH! I hate stories that leave you hanging but maybe that's the beauty of it. But ugh! I hate it. Absolutely hate it.

P.P.S.: I'm on a roll tonight. Okay, bye! Thanks for reading if you did get till here! :D
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love Harry Met Sally too! And I love love Murakami, not so much for Norwegian wood but others, his literary style and the allegories in his musings. Sometimes I don't get everything but I guess that's what I like about Murakami :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yan ling: Have you read Natsuo Kirino's books? I read 'Grotesque' and it's quite similar. The author's most famous for 'Out' but I haven't read that yet. I enjoyed Miyuki Miyabe's 'All She Was Worth' until... The ending. Haha. They always leave the endings open!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha actually no, I've only recently warmed up to Asian authors especially Japanese ones. I just started with Murakami but I am gunning for Yukio Mishima and Yoko Ogawa. I am an enthusiast for lyrical and poetic literary style. I would like to venture with your recommendations once I am done with my to-read list :)))

      Open endings: Haha, how apt! Open endings for those in need of suspense, sadly, Murakami's are open-endings too! Sigh. Japanese authors.... :P

      Delete
  3. yan ling: OOOOH! Haha. I just came across this (About open endings.): http://www.vcu.edu/arts/playwriting/openending.html

    ReplyDelete

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig