Friday, July 1, 2011

OUTING: Tea at PS.Cafe!



After walking around a little, Hui Ping and I settled down at PS.Cafe for some dessert! The sister has been waxing lyrical about the Florida Key Lime Pie so I desperately wanted to try it. Yes, dear Hui Ping pandered to my food cravings! Heh. XD



The place was real cozy! It's the perfect location for a get-together with your girlfriends. Located near the top of Paragon, it's pretty quiet so you can yak to your heart's content! :D

Oh yes. Most importantly, the place is very clean. (:



Cakes line the exterior of the area. How lovely (and crazily priced) they are! :D



Tadahhh! The Florida Key Lime Pie in all its lime green glory!



Doesn't it look like it's pandan or kaya?!? Anyway, as glorious as it looks... Sigh. Read on!



I have no idea who this table was reserved for because it remained empty the entire time we were there. It was a pretty sign so I took a picture. Heh.



When the much-coveted Florida Key Lime Pie came, I tucked into it and gawd! The acidity of it hit me so incredibly hard (Acidity gets to you on the sides of your tongue. Take note of it the next time you eat oranges!)! I reckon that this is absolute haven for people who have a penchant for all things sour but I didn't enjoy it one bit (12 bucks... Sniff sniff!). :\

Nevertheless, the hard crust (I don't know what you call it.) complemented it nicely. It wouldn't have worked if it were those flaky kind of pastry.



The other dish we ordered was Roasted Potatoes something. Lol! I really should take a snapshot of the menu the next time round. Heh.

Okay, the 3 things you need to know about me when it comes to food; fish soup, pasta and roasted potatoes! I love love LOVE roasted potatoes! The Green Bar (Raffles Place)'s roasted potatoes are to DIE for.

Back anyway, back to the above! These roasted potatoes has a distinct tanginess to it, like Indian spices. But I didn't take note of the name of it. All I saw was 'ROASTED POTATOES'. Haha. Hui Ping said the sauce that came with it was green curry. I didn't touch the dip at all. The potatoes were tasty enough to be eaten alone!



Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I so want to go back there for this!



And here's a shot of Hui Ping sipping water! :D
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig