Saturday, July 2, 2011

EVENT: Spa Espirit's Power of Scent Workshop



Spa Esprit invited me to their Powder of Scent Workshop on the 11th of June. It was held at the Beauty Emporium, located at 8D Dempsey Road.



Beauty Emporium was downright cozy! I love how the whole place was made out of wood!

Anyway, just a little information about the place... 'It's the world's first one-stop shop for all your beauty and nutritional needs.'. Here, you can do a massage, facial, manicure, Brazil wax or fix your brows!

Beauty Emporium houses

AUNT ILCSI
BOOKS ACTUALLY
BROWHAUS
LA COMPAGNIE DE PROVENCE
LOVE DA MUSIC
MALIN+GOETZ
MASK
REN
SCO
SPA ESPRIT
STRIP. (:



In this workshop, Sweelin from doTERRA taught us about essential oils and how we could integrate them into our daily lives.

Essential oils are natural, aromatic compounds found in plants. These are your 'drugs' au naturel and minus the side effects. These oils were used by our forefathers, back when our drugs didn't exist.

These oils are also extremely potent. A single drop of peppermint oil is equivalent to 28 cups of peppermint tea and with that drop, you can bid your stomache goodbye! :D

Essential oils kill viruses and bacteria. On the other hand, the antibiotics which we are oh-so-familiar with cannot even penetrate our cell membrane!



Essential oils' uses include

Aromatic
Breathe in, spray or diffuse in a room to impact mood, open airways and cleanse environment.

Topical
Apply directly to skin or with a carrier oil for systematic or localized effects like massage, topical therapy, immediate comfort and immune support.

Internal
House it in an empty capsule, drop some under the tongue, add it in a glass of water or juice or take it with honey.

However, though essential oils are generally safe with few side effects, do take note to follow instructions stipulated on the labels and to keep them away from the eyes, ears and nose!



Another important thing to note is that not all essential oils in the market are pure.

doTERRA's oils are CPTG and that stands for 'Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade'. They are

Pure: 100% natural, no artificial ingredients, fragrances , or fillers.
Safe: Certified to be free of pesticides and other chemical residues.
Potent: Standardized active compounds.

If essential oils are 100% pure, according to Sweelin, you should be able to consume them! So if you see a precaution that states 'Not for consumption.', you may want to put that oil back on the shelf. :\



After the presentation, we got to customize our own shower gels! There was a chart for us to follow, like we needed top, middle and base notes but ummm... the base notes (Like ylang ylang and sandalwood.) were too strong for my liking so I disregarded it. HEH.

In the end, mine was a weird concoction of

35 drops of peppermint
+ 30 drops of orange
+ 15 drops of geranium
+ 5 drops of lemon.

Only the mother thought my gels smelled nice, so I gave her a bottle. :D



We were also given small bottles of peppermint, lavender and lemon essential oils. I have been using the lavender one quite a bit. Yes, say hello to an easily-anxious me. Heh.



And here ends my very insightful day! Thanks for reading! :D If you have got any questions about essential oils, just leave me a comment or drop me an email. I'll be more than glad to help! :D

P.S.:



My outfit for the day! I committed the worst fashion sin ever by pairing this with my boots. Thankfully, the parents gave me long thighs so I didn't look stout. I think. I hope. :\



Lastly, a snapshot of my Starbucks reindeer! :D
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig