Wednesday, July 20, 2011

REVIEW: SkinLab Medical Spa's Aqua Peel Facial



On Monday, Hazel invited me to go for a SkinLab Medical Spa's Aqua Peel Facial, $268. The center's located at #04-04 Wheelock Place.

This facial uses the center's latest technology, the Aqua Peel Technology, to reveal a fairer, brighter and smoother complexion!



So what exactly is this 'Aqua Peel Technology'?

Well, this technology uses the Aqua Spiral Therapy system, which provides non-invasive exfoliation and delivers topical solutions to cleanse, exfoliate, extract and hydrate the skin, safely and painlessly.

This means that we get the best results quickly and we do not have to deal with the downsides that usually come with invasive procedures. Also, the system does not use crystals or abrasive particles that can irritate the skin.

Basically, it's deep cleansing, exfoliation, extraction and antioxidant treatment and at the same time, it's non-invasive, non-irritating and particles-free!



Features:
Simultaneous exfoliation and topical infusion.
A selection of topical solutions specific to the patient's skin condition.
3 Spiral treatment tips for optimal exposure and absorption of topical solutions.
LED display for precise vacuum and flow settings.

Advantages:
Provide painless, soothing treatment.
Allows an immediate return to normal activities (No downtime.).
Eliminates the risk and health concerns of aluminum-based crystals associated with particulate abrasion.
Visible results after first treatment. Lasting and more significant results will be seen after 4 to 6 treatments spaced 7 to 10 days apart.
Unique Spiral Tip allows maximise infusion with minimum wastage.

Uses:
Acne
Congestion
Blemishes
Dull and ageing skin
Dehydration
Fine lines
Sensitive skin



I arrived a little earlier than my facial was scheduled so I had a pleasant chat with Hazel about skin problems and blogging. (: I was also asked by the SkinLab Medical Spa ladies to fill in a form about my health history and my skincare regime.

Thereafter, I was led into the above room for my facial. With the lights dimmed and soft music playing in the background, it was hard not to fall asleep. Completely relaxing, it was a much needed break from worries and well, more worries (Yes, yes. I'm a complete worry wart.)!



My therapist, Kally (I think that's the spelling), first got rid of my makeup. She applied some lavender oil on her hands and placed them above my face so that I could inhale it. She then cleaned my face with AS (All-Skin) serum. This serum 'cleans the skin deeply while softening sebum and impurities to aid in extractions. It assists in dislodging dead cells for exfoliation and provides residual hydration that aids in firming and smoothing fine lines.'

For those who have gone for diamond peels before, the tool looks similar to the Aqua Spiral Tip used in the Aqua Spiral Therapy system. However, instead of a sucking motion (For the diamond peels.), the Aqua Spiral Tip injects the serums into the skin. It was like a small hose that shoots out a stream of water. Very relaxing!

I can't remember which took place next; the extraction or the injection of Lactic Acid into my skin, because it was really relaxing and I was trying very hard not to fall asleep! I think it was the extraction so let's go with that first.

Kally covered my eyes with cotton pads drenched in rosewater. She then turned on a lamp and extracted my blackheads and clogged pores. This was my first time doing extraction and I teared a little, especially when she was doing around the nose area. But the pain was bearable. It actually felt good. Lol. I mean, you know you're being rid of all those evil little things in your face! After each area was done, she would soaked that part of my face with rosewater, to calm the skin.

After that, she injected Lactic Acid into my skin. Usually, SA (Salicylic Acid) is used but my skin's sensitive. The SA serum is meant for people with oily and acne-prone skin. 'Its active ingredients include Pentylene Glycol and Spirea Ulmaria Extract to penetrate the pores and dislodge dead cells for exfoliation.'

Lastly, the coldest and coolest mask ever was applied in thick layers on my face for fifteen minutes! This was the AO (Anti-Oxidant) serum. 'It contains stabilized Vitamins A, E and White Tea Extract to combat free radicals and environmental damage to the skin cells.' I give anything to have this again! It was really awesome!

The mask kind of dried up into a thick layer which could be peeled off. Kally cleaned up my face a little, then applied an eye serum and sunblock to my face. Oh yes! During the facial itself, Kally also massaged my very tense shoulders! :DDD

I left the center with little redness and without an inch of makeup, feeling completely fresh and clean! And oh yes, I wasn't supposed to wash my face till 6 hours later.



Today's the 2nd day since the facial and my face is still feeling very smooth and soft. Baby skin! *squeals* There is still some redness in areas which Kally did the extraction. Also, there is one spot which I think Kally didn't clean out completely because there was the whitehead so umm... I did my own extraction. Haha. But other than that, I really did enjoy the facial a lot. The number of blackheads on my nose has significantly reduced and I'm really thankful for that!

Anyway, here's something for you, my lovelies! From now till August 31st, 2011, first-timers get to enjoy

30min SkinLab Aqua Peel: $38 (no mask)
90min SkinLab Aqua Peel: $98 (mask, light extraction, and light face massage)

Please quote 'Charlene J. Lee' when making an appointment to enjoy the fab prices! :D
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig