Friday, July 22, 2011

RAMBLINGS: Friends With Love.

Okay, the title's a horrid play on the movie title 'Friends With Benefits' but it's the most apt for this entry and what my very-knackered brain can come up with at the moment.
-

I just got back from the Lancôme event. Kristen Juliet, author of Beauty Sorority, extended her invitation to me. When I got her Facebook message about the event, I was really touched by it.

I'm not a person who cares for big gestures. I like details, small ones. I have only met Juliet twice at events and we talked a little on Facebook. For her to actually think of making me her plus one... I was really touched. I'm not sure if she reads my personal blog, but thank you so much! :DDD
-

It reminded me of the time when Charlene (Yes, another Charlene!), author of bunny♥, offered to buy me my acne medication from Bangkok even though all I did was a few comments on her blog! I remembered telling the mummy "Hey! She barely even knows me and she's like offering to get me my stuff! Like, she didn't even ask me about the price first or where I live or anything like that! She just offered!".

The mummy was really worried that I would be 'conned' when I'm doing this blogging business. But so far, I have met only nice people and I'm meeting MORE nice people, who are all genuinely ready to share and care (Sharity Elephant! Haha!).
-

And today, Dor walked with me from Tanjong Pagar MRT to Tanjong Pagar Distripark, which is hellishly far. 9 years and counting of friendship. :DDD

Though I'm not with You, God, I know You're still with me. Every step I take, You're at the back and front of me, ready to catch me if I slip and always leading me to greater things. Thank You for blessing me with such awesome friends!
-

When I see you again
I’ll tell you how I’ve been
That everything’s okay
Yeah we’ll have lots to say

When I see you again
You're still my best friend
Though it’s been many years
I’ve shed so many tears

Yeah when I see you again
We’ll talk about the past
How it's been so good
How life can go so fast
When I see you again
You’ll still be my best friend

When I see you again
This won't be the end
We’ll meet in harmony
This I do believe

When I see you again
Where do I begin
I'll tell you I miss you
I’m sure you’ve missed me too

Sometimes the best words are none at all
But I’ve got some words to say I can't make with a phone call

Yeah when I see you again
We’ll talk about the past
How it's been so good
How life can go so fast
When I see you again
You’ll still be my best friend


This was what Lennard asked me to read just now. From travellingsouth@tumblr.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig