Monday, July 11, 2011

REVIEW: NaturVital's Color Hair Mask for Chestnut Hair



Last Monday, I was at Guardian waiting for a friend and came across Natur Vital's products. There were around 4 shelves dedicated to this brand. I think their key products is the hair loss range. But it was their henna haircare one that caught my eyes.

The daddy blessed me with the blackest hair possible and just like a perfectly normal human being, I don't want things which I have and want things which I don't have. And what I want is brown hair. But I really do not see any justification in shelling out wads of cash for a salon-dye job. Afterall, the hair's gonna grow and soon, roots will show and it's terribly awful.



I have done DIY jobs (Revlon FOREVER!!!) but eventually, I got sick of new roots and dyed my hair black. And that basically eliminates many DIY hair dyes. For the uninitiated, many hair dyes are not to be used on hair that has been dyed black or bleached. I actually don't think it'll hurt my hair since I didn't do it at a salon and have crazy chemicals killing my hair but it's always better to be safe than sorry!

Anyway, I did a quick 'research' (Thank you iPhone!), decided that it was alright for me and bought it for under $20 as there were some discounts going on. The usual price is $22.80.



They have a whole host of shampoos, conditioners and hair masks but I decided on the mask because I thought it would be the most 'potent' in getting my hair coloured.



I know it's completely silly of me to get it in chestnut when I have such dark hair but I was afraid that if this thing were to work, I would turn into an ah lian with the one for blonde hair.



When I first squeezed the mask out from its bottle, I was enamoured by how rich and sparkly it was. It looked completely luxurious and I felt like a goddess slathering this generously all over my hair (Haha! YES, generously. I was a little too carried away with the goddess bit. Charlene, you do NOT print money!). I do this after the whole shampoo-and-conditioner business.

The mask does have a herbal scent/ smell. It's a little more pleasant than henna dyes but I like all things herbal so I welcome the scent/ smell. Anyway, it doesn't stay for long in the hair.



I have used this for a week now (Yes, hair mask-ing everyday. Haha!) and my hair has indeed lightened. It's not a lot, but it's definitely not jet black now. The highlights are especially obvious under sunlight. Previously, I had to strain my eyes just to detect some brown in my hair.

Hair's health-wise... My hair has definitely got more body in it and it's softer. It feels a little like what Schwarzkopf's products do to my hair, though I do think the latter does a better job.

Will I buy this product again? Hell yes, I will. But only when there are discounts because I do think it's a little pricey for a 300ml bottle and it isn't like the colour's going to be permanent (It fades after 3 to 4 washes, according to the bottle).

More information is available here. (:
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Happy 2014. Thank you so much for this review! I just discovered their products, and your review really helps :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the well-written review! I have been debating about whether to buy this, and only reading reviews on shopping sites wasn't enough. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

© xoxo, charlene. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig